Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Wrong keyboard mapping

Fri May 18, 2007 10:51 am

ugh.. my keyboard apping is all wrong-- ir not spywartrj as i have scanned! my 'f' button ends up lyk this: "tf" any idea how 2 fix? it makes my pc unusable

I TH1NK ITF Is SOFTW4RE RELL4T40.. TRIE0 UNINst4ll1ng ]keyjbor0, butf no hel9!!!

ugh tfhiS Is tferribl## #all my keys are clashing!!!!

d = f7!?

help please :(

Do not double post - use the edit button if you want to add content to your previous post.

^
Sorry, I was a bit desperate for replies, so I was trying to make sure people visited the thread. Won't happen again, I was just rather desperate for posters. - Littleboy6326.
Last edited by littleboy6326 on Mon May 21, 2007 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 18, 2007 1:49 pm

Is this for real... o_O

Anyway, look for viruses not spyware. >_> If all else fails, lift the keys of your keyboard off and check if anything is blocking the keys. Unless you don't know how to do that then I suggest you don't.

Fri May 18, 2007 2:52 pm

Demulesca wrote:Is this for real... o_O

Anyway, look for viruses not spyware. >_> If all else fails, lift the keys of your keyboard off and check if anything is blocking the keys. Unless you don't know how to do that then I suggest you don't.

I think I have it fixed now. I played around with the registry, out of desperation, and after a few kicks to the mainboard, and forced restarts, it's finally working again.

No idea what was wrong, though... Or how to fix it again.

I checked for spyware & viruses, using NOD32 and Ad Aware Pro.. Found nothing.

Fri May 18, 2007 5:07 pm

Well now you'll never know...
until it happens again.

What did you do in the registry? Maybe that'll give you a clue to what happened.

Sun May 20, 2007 7:46 pm

Demulesca wrote:Well now you'll never know...
until it happens again.

What did you do in the registry? Maybe that'll give you a clue to what happened.

do you want me to be honest?

I haven't the slightest clue. I was checking in the keyboard language profile bit, or whatever it is. I can't really remember where I was specifically without browsing to that area again.

If it goes wrong again, though. I'll bump up this thread... Then maybe someone can tell me what I actually did. xD

Mon May 21, 2007 1:40 am

Ok this is really weird. Maybe backup all your data and format but only as a last resort. If you can't do this, you could always just call up a computer technician (usually where you bought your computer from) and ask them for some help.

Mon May 21, 2007 10:34 am

Kymothy wrote:Ok this is really weird. Maybe backup all your data and format but only as a last resort. If you can't do this, you could always just call up a computer technician (usually where you bought your computer from) and ask them for some help.

I doubt that I'll need to reformat over something as trival as a keyboard software malfunction. I'm going to wait and see how it goes...

Saying that, however, my computer has been playing up lately... I can no longer play a certain video game, because it hangs in the task manager instead of actually opening.

And yesterday, my left and right mouse buttons reversed .:/

Mon May 21, 2007 12:49 pm

I think you're being bit by a really bad virus. The longer you keep it, the more it'll just keep affecting you.

Reformatting is the best idea I can think of, not to mention it'll give your PC less of a bog-down after the refreshing.

I'll ask my computer friends to see if they know the issue.

Mon May 21, 2007 3:00 pm

Demulesca wrote:I think you're being bit by a really bad virus. The longer you keep it, the more it'll just keep affecting you.

Reformatting is the best idea I can think of, not to mention it'll give your PC less of a bog-down after the refreshing.

I tend to refrain from reformatting when my computer is clean.

These problems may or may not be related. It could easily be a software/driver glitch. I'd rather not lose my data until I *really* have to.

Mon May 21, 2007 3:48 pm

littleboy6326 wrote:
Demulesca wrote:I think you're being bit by a really bad virus. The longer you keep it, the more it'll just keep affecting you.

These problems may or may not be related. It could easily be a software/driver glitch. I'd rather not lose my data until I *really* have to.

That is why you backup. Preferably with an external harddrive. But if you don't have one of those; your computer should at least have a DVD R/W drive, you wouldn't need more than 6 DVDs to backup up your programmes, music, pictures etc. Even four or five would be sufficient, unless you store excessive amounts of music, or high-quality movies on your computer.

Mon May 21, 2007 3:55 pm

Paul wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:

That is why you backup. Preferably with an external harddrive. But if you don't have one of those; your computer should at least have a DVD R/W drive, you wouldn't need more than 6 DVDs to backup up your programmes, music, pictures etc. Even four or five would be sufficient, unless you store excessive amounts of music, or high-quality movies on your computer.

DVD-8s store around 5 GB.

I have 228 GB of data on my striped hard drives.

That would be 45.6 CDs, give or take a few.

:o

Mon May 21, 2007 4:58 pm

littleboy6326 wrote:
Paul wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:

Of what? Downloaded videos, or what? I've never heard of any domestic user having that much stuff.

Mon May 21, 2007 6:44 pm

I think that's around the size of my boyfriend's music library in MP3 format.

Mon May 21, 2007 7:03 pm

Paul wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:
Paul wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:

Of what? Downloaded videos, or what? I've never heard of any domestic user having that much stuff.

Graphics, Linux Files, Backup Of The Wildboyz Dvds, Video Games, and a hell lot of documents.

Mon May 21, 2007 7:11 pm

Well, if you have that much stuff, you should have an external harddrive. Just put your stuff on that and reformat.
Topic locked