Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

External Hard Drive - lockable

Sat May 05, 2007 6:40 pm

Alright, so my boyfriend gave me his old external hard drive so I could move a bunch of files off of my computer to help it run a little better. The problem is, when I plug the hard drive in to my computer, my stupid computer won't recognize it. I've tried plugging it in and unplugging it like 50 times now and my computer still won't recognize it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Last edited by May on Sat May 05, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Look on the company website that made the harddrive. They should have a page for downloading suitable drivers on each model of harddrive.

Ask your brother if he still has the driver disc which would've came with it. Also ask for the warranty and user guide. :)

Sat May 05, 2007 7:37 pm

Not to sound stupid but it does power up and everything properly right? Some computers usb ports don't support the power consumption of an external hd very well and won't work if you're using just the usb cable.

Sat May 05, 2007 10:35 pm

Paul, thanks for suggesting new drivers. I went and downloaded a formatting driver from the company website and set the hard drive back to its original state. It now works with my computer, it's formatted correctly, and my computer is running really good *for now*. Thanks again!
Topic locked