Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Forum Help

Wed May 02, 2007 12:22 am

What advice would you give to another person thats making a forum about neopets?

Wed May 02, 2007 12:47 am

Hey, first off welcome to the forums, I hope you'll make a thread in the Welcome Lounge so everyone can get to know you a little better. :)

I'm moving this thread over to Computing & Technologies, I think you'll get a better answer over there, thats where the techies hang out. ;)

Wed May 09, 2007 12:53 am

Well, make it look nice. Get a nice logo and template/skin so people don't think it is boring. Make sure that you can easily read everything.

Then get some active members, people who will post a lot, because if people see other people posting, they will join.

Try and get something that no one else has, or something that makes your forum special. Answer the questions: What makes my forum different? Why will they choose me over someone else?

And advertise. Put links in signatures, post them in the advertising sections of other forums.

Some good examples of this are:

ScoreHero (over 32,000 users in just over a year)

PPT (Unique and fun, active members)

Wed May 09, 2007 8:08 am

siouxper wrote:PPT (Unique and fun, active members)

I don't think anyone would be here reading that if PPT wasn't a unique, fun site with active members.

Sun May 13, 2007 8:07 pm

Paul wrote:
siouxper wrote:PPT (Unique and fun, active members)

I don't think anyone would be here reading that if PPT wasn't a unique, fun site with active members.

Exactly. PPT is awesome.

Wed May 30, 2007 8:27 am

I know from a personal standpoint that I generally only join forums that seem to be pretty intelligent and have a good member base. Obviously when you start out you can't really have that member base, but I think it's really important to have at least a bunch of people who are willing to get together and start things up a bit. If you start by yourself or with one other person, it's pretty hard to get it off the ground.

Also, I think making things interesting and aesthetically appealing (like making a cool themed forum) is a really good idea...
Topic locked