Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

iTunes and Vista

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:44 am

I am thinking of upgrading to Vista (well, not really, but I'm buying a new computer that will have Vista, so, not a lot of thinking going on) and I read somewhere that iTunes is not compatable with Vista, and that Apple were having problems and somethin or nothin.

I just want to know if this is true, or if there's any way to get around it, or if anyone knows of Apple's intentions to fix iTunes.

If nothing goes in my favour (or something, whatever, I'm really frazzled at the moment. Don't know why, thought I'd be relieved after finishing my science project, but I'm not. Anyway, that's really not the issue here. Or is it?) I will not switch computers until this is resolved... which owuld be bad because my current computer is compelte crap. Well, not really. But I don't like it. At all.

Sorry for ranting.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:30 pm

I don't have any definitive answers, but having iTunes compatible with Windows Vista is essential to maintain the sale of iPods. I'm sure they know this, and are working on a iTunes that will be compatible with Vista.

Digging up support articles on the Apple website, I found this. So basically bookmark that and check back regularly. :) Googling "iTunes" + "Windows Vista" will return loads of advice from various websites.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:04 pm

I bought my new laptop about 2 months ago with Vista already on it, and it works perfectly fine with my iTunes and my iPod, but my mums computer with Vista on it doesnt, and it somehow locked all my music files cause it didn't like them or something :(

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:31 pm

The newest version of iTunes is supposed to work fine with Vista, I don't have Vista though so I can't give you a definitive answer.
Topic locked