Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: *gasp* More spyware?!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

My browser just minimized itself to the very bottom corner of the screen, and a pop up.. popped up saying that.. (btw, Im using Flock, a photobucket type version of Firefox)

"Your computer tracks all adult sites youve visited and keeps a log of them.. blah blah this could compromise your marriage and career and your credit card security! Do you want to install and run DriverAware (or DriverScan.. or something along those lines) to clean up all of these potential hazards?"

So I clicked no, and it launched it anyway, scanning my C: drive.. I quickly exited out of it, but now I cant type apostophes or slashes without the search bar coming up.. yanno ctrl+f.. which is really weird.

Can anyone help me? :cry:

p.s. I do not view adult sites :x

Post subject: Re: *gasp* More spyware?!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:54 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

whhattisthiss wrote:
My browser just minimized itself to the very bottom corner of the screen, and a pop up.. popped up saying that.. (btw, Im using Flock, a photobucket type version of Firefox)

"Your computer tracks all adult sites youve visited and keeps a log of them.. blah blah this could compromise your marriage and career and your credit card security! Do you want to install and run DriverAware (or DriverScan.. or something along those lines) to clean up all of these potential hazards?"

So I clicked no, and it launched it anyway, scanning my C: drive.. I quickly exited out of it, but now I cant type apostophes or slashes without the search bar coming up.. yanno ctrl+f.. which is really weird.

Can anyone help me? :cry:

p.s. I do not view adult sites :x

Thats a popup, the whole window is a link so you have to click on the "x"in the top right hand corner, not the one that looks like part of the illustration. You shouldn't be thinking this is spyware but rather get a better pop up blocker.
as for the not typing apostrophes that might just be a key stuck down on your keyboard and if not you should try using a new keyboard, if that doesn't work let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:56 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Since the scanner ran, theres a large chance that spyware was installed.

If you haven't already, download and run Ad-aware and Spybot S&D.

Ad-aware

http://www.lavasoft.de/

Spybot S&D

http://security.kolla.de/index.php?lang ... e=download

If it finds anything or you still have problems, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:05 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I use Firefox myself, and some websites don't respond well to the ' or / signs either.. Does it happen to all sites, or did it use to work okay with the same sites? Maybe something changed in the way the shortcut is used in your browser? You might want to check the browser settings just in case (although I also have no idea how to turn this off).

But having anti-spyware programs is essential anyway, so you might as well run AA and Spybot, too :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Thanks everyone, I'm installing Spybot right now. I have LavaSoft and I run it about 3 times a week, and it really doesn't help much :/ My computer is teh dead. But I can use apostrophes again! :P Thanks guys, I'm installing Spybot right now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The apostrophes and slashes thing happens to me sometimes as well. It's random, not any particular site or anything. But if you type the ' or / in notepad and copy/paste it, it works, and then you can type them again. It's very odd.

<3 Laq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:21 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The new version of Ad-Aware isn't good at all (the last good version was 6.0). They sold out to a lot of companies. It's crap, now.

Speaking of that, I suggest CCleaner (aka CrapCleaner). Probably the best program I have seen.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]