Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cookie Stalker
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:45 am 

Now this may sound a little odd but I'm sure that many of you are familiar with key loggers cookie grabbers and other illegal spyware. I had an account on neopets a while back but unfortunately someone began stalking every move I made online, apparently any time that I logged into a certain account (like my google email for example or a forum like this) it would begin recording all of my information. Clearing my cookies and history did not help at all whatsoever. And of course I couldn't change my password to anything else to prohibit that because it would simply record the new password, even in supposedly secure areas. Now I have a new computer. I still want to access my neopets accounts and my old gmail accounts. But this is where it gets more complicated. As I said before any time I accessed any of those accounts it would start recording until the system was disconnected from the internet and it would subsequently gather more passwords and cookies to track me by. It wasn't simply a matter of someone gaining access to my IP because the recording would also occour when I used computers away from my home, like at the library or school. I have McAfee and Spydoctor on my new system but I'm not sure if that can prevent any future hacking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't know much about computers, but did you try Ctrl-Alt-Delete? Because it'll open up your Task Manager and perhaps the program trying to steal your passwords are there? I'm assuming it's a Trojan, but I don't know exactly. But I do know that if it is, it'd show up in your Task Manager and all you have to do is just close it from there.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:20 pm 

I haven't seen anything visable on my computer either time, but it seems that a few of the programs that were used could've been the Remote ESP and "Family" Key Logger not only recording key strokes but also taking litterally hundreds of screen shots of all my activity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I would suggest doing a Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up the Task Manager. Once you've opened the Task Manager, click on the "Processes" tab. I make a habit of going through all of the processes and figuring out what they are. If there's a process running and I don't know what it is, I google it. Most things are pretty safe, but once in a while, I come across something that shouldn't be running, or shouldn't be on my computer. This is a pretty helpful website for finding out about processes. Good luck!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]