Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: CSS Help?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:00 am 

I just have a quick question about my CSS code for my website. So you know about the DIV thingy right? So could I add HTML into the stylesheet in the DIV part because it is tiring to upload every single page. (Sorry it's obvious, I'm just not smart with this stuff). If I can't is there an alternative to that where I can just upload the CSS and have all pages change their navigation layout like that?

Oh, and another question, but not about CSS. With my website, I've seen the /foldername in the address. I want to have that where someone can just type in sitename.com/games and get to that page without the games.html part. (I use Leap FTP by the way) I put the files in the folders both on my computer and when they are uploaded, but they just show the Page Not Found page. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Html goes in the html pafe, the div's are put into the html, the css code can either be put in a seperate style sheet *.css and referenced in the html by coding:
The phpbb code won't let me put into the link tag:

link href="whatever.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
Code:
<link>

Or you can code the css within the page: eg.

Code:
<style>
.content{color: red;}
a {color: blue;}
</style>

For this code, the .content div in the html
The phpbb code won't let me put this bit within the div tag

div class="content"

Code:
<div>Whatever the content has to be</div>

The way you're describing what you're doing, just make up the *.css file, then make a template up including navigation. When you're ready, shove the content in and then replicate the page as you need to. That sounds like the easiest way.

the /folername depends on how your server is set up. Try putting an index.htm or index.html within that folder, it should then go to that page when you do the whatever.com/folder and hit enter.

Good luck!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]