Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Very weird (and possibly rare) problem.

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:07 am

Much of the time I right-click something (whether it be the Start Menu or any icon), I get an error that appears not once and goes away after I click "OK", but pops up at least three and as much as five times before it stops. The error displays this message: "Can't load VGDShIRc.dll." I tried searching Google but only one other person ever had this problem, and I had to translate the site because it's in French. And yes, I've tried virus scanning, cleaning, registry cleaning, adware/malware/& other undesirables detection software--the works. No luck.

Re: Very weird (and possibly rare) problem.

Fri May 25, 2007 12:27 pm

Hyperion wrote:Much of the time I right-click something (whether it be the Start Menu or any icon), I get an error that appears not once and goes away after I click "OK", but pops up at least three and as much as five times before it stops. The error displays this message: "Can't load VGDShIRc.dll." I tried searching Google but only one other person ever had this problem, and I had to translate the site because it's in French. And yes, I've tried virus scanning, cleaning, registry cleaning, adware/malware/& other undesirables detection software--the works. No luck.

First of all, I must apologise for bumping an old post, however, it's not really a bump, as I have genuine information that may help others, if they ever come across this error again.

I'm assuming your using Windows XP, correct? Go to Control Panel > Administration Tools > Event Viewer, check through the tabs for any errors relating to your problem. See if you can pick up any more information.

Failing that, check around the internet for a copy of VGDShIRc.dll, if you cannot find out, whip out your Windows CD, and repair Windows. I think you can do this via the Windows CD boot-up, however, I'm not sure. There are tutorials out on google to help you repair broken window files, without losing any data.

Cheers!
Topic locked