Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Very weird (and possibly rare) problem.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:07 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Much of the time I right-click something (whether it be the Start Menu or any icon), I get an error that appears not once and goes away after I click "OK", but pops up at least three and as much as five times before it stops. The error displays this message: "Can't load VGDShIRc.dll." I tried searching Google but only one other person ever had this problem, and I had to translate the site because it's in French. And yes, I've tried virus scanning, cleaning, registry cleaning, adware/malware/& other undesirables detection software--the works. No luck.

I run The Infinity Program, a den of villains and swashbucklers.

Post subject: Re: Very weird (and possibly rare) problem.
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:27 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hyperion wrote:
Much of the time I right-click something (whether it be the Start Menu or any icon), I get an error that appears not once and goes away after I click "OK", but pops up at least three and as much as five times before it stops. The error displays this message: "Can't load VGDShIRc.dll." I tried searching Google but only one other person ever had this problem, and I had to translate the site because it's in French. And yes, I've tried virus scanning, cleaning, registry cleaning, adware/malware/& other undesirables detection software--the works. No luck.

First of all, I must apologise for bumping an old post, however, it's not really a bump, as I have genuine information that may help others, if they ever come across this error again.

I'm assuming your using Windows XP, correct? Go to Control Panel > Administration Tools > Event Viewer, check through the tabs for any errors relating to your problem. See if you can pick up any more information.

Failing that, check around the internet for a copy of VGDShIRc.dll, if you cannot find out, whip out your Windows CD, and repair Windows. I think you can do this via the Windows CD boot-up, however, I'm not sure. There are tutorials out on google to help you repair broken window files, without losing any data.

Cheers!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]