Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I finished the Golem's Eye a few days ago. I loved it :o It was much better than the first one in my opinion. More characters, more action more wit. I can't wait for the last part of the trilogy.

And in case anybody cares, there's a contest on the website in which you "write about the most unique, fantastical, magical creature you can imagine....The creature of the winning Entry could appear in the third book, The Other Place, of the series." I don't know about you, but that sounds like fun :P
http://bartimaeustrilogy.com/contest_rules_090104.html

Edit: And I noticed Snivellus already mentioned it. Ah well 0:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
CrewWolf wrote:
And in case anybody cares, there's a contest on the website in which you "write about the most unique, fantastical, magical creature you can imagine....The creature of the winning Entry could appear in the third book, The Other Place, of the series." I don't know about you, but that sounds like fun :P

I'm trying my best at wit, and have currently written about a page that hasn't even touched on my character, yet. :P Though I must say, I think I've done a rather clever argument as to why Morgan(a) le Faye might not have been as evil as Merlin, that crazy old sorcerer, made her out to be. Well, sorta. :P

Anyone else entering?

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

...Alex wrote:
CrewWolf wrote:

I'm trying my best at wit, and have currently written about a page that hasn't even touched on my character, yet. :P Though I must say, I think I've done a rather clever argument as to why Morgan(a) le Faye might not have been as evil as Merlin, that crazy old sorcerer, made her out to be. Well, sorta. :P

Anyone else entering?

I'd try my hand at it if I was anywhere near being a good writer, being a witty good writer, and thinking up something original. Its harder than it seems x_X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:27 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: Drooling over Severus Snape in delicious IMAX size.
We need to revive this topic!

Especially because the FINAL book in the Bartimaeus Trilogy, titled PTOLEMY'S GATE, has just been released.

BIG FAT SPOILERS AHEAD

I finished it Friday night and it was brilliant. My friend called me in tears yesterday after she finished it -- I agree with her; the ending was sad but very well-written. I loved all the backstory we found out about Ptolemy; I've been wondering about it for ages.

The book was satisfying and yet made me want more. I think Jonathan Stroud has left the door open for a sequel series, even without Nathaniel, maybe even without Kitty (I LOATHE her character, really loathe it). I'd love to see what happens to Bartimaeus.

What are everyone's thoughts on Stroud's fantastic final book?

Set by _jaye_!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

-seals eyes against spoilers-

I'm leaving in five minutes, armed with $60 worth of gift cards....<3

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:25 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

It's out???! Awwr, I just went to Barnes and Noble yesterday! u.u If I'd known, I coulda gotten it. Ah, well. I guess I'll just have to bug me mum into taking me again :P.

Many thanks to .:Requiem:. for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Tryske Rainbreeze wrote:
It's out???! Awwr, I just went to Barnes and Noble yesterday! u.u If I'd known, I coulda gotten it. Ah, well. I guess I'll just have to bug me mum into taking me again :P.

Take me with you! They didn't have it where I went, so I blew my gift cards on a stereo (which doesn't workand can't be returned)

I'm just dying to read it...

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:14 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Just finished Ptolemy's Gate. Loved it. Brilliant. My only regret was that I think I should've reread Golem's Eye. I couldn't remember some characters. Knowing them wasn't really that necessary to understand the story, but it gets annoying when the main characters recognize several people you only have vague recollections of.

SPOILER TALK. SERIOUSLY, IF YOU DON'T WANT THE ENDING SPOILED, DO NOT READ ON.

I agree with you Maryann, the ending, while sad and tearful, was done brilliantly. It was actually spoiled for me though some time ago because I was on another board (not on PPT) where someone had started a topic about the Amulet of Samarkand, and a few posts down that same person suddenly burst without warning "OMG i READ PTLOMY G4TE i CANT BELEIVE NATHANIEL DIIES!!11!11" which unfortunately ruined my day and caused some rude words to be briefly exchanged, although most came from my end I admit.

I still enjoyed the ending and the whole book though despite that. Some of Bartimaeus' close calls had me on the edge of my seat. The parts with Ptolemy were enlightening too. And Nathaniel's change of heart left me proud. I knew he'd redeem himself somehow, but I was afraid he may've been so far gone from what he showed in the second book that it'd be more of a Darth Vader's Last Deed sort of thing. But he came about admirably. And I sort of liked Kitty. Not as much as Nathaniel and Bartimaeus, but she was brave and had good intentions and I liked her for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:38 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: Drooling over Severus Snape in delicious IMAX size.
SPOILER:

Yes, I thought Nathaniel and his return to the "good side" was VERY well done and believable.

I can't believe the series is over ... :cry:

If this is what I'm like now, I can't help but imagine how depressed I'm going to be when the last Harry Potter book comes out. Sigh.

Set by _jaye_!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I just got the first book, read it, and I can't wait to get the next one.

THIS SERIES IS AWESOME!!

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

Post subject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy (anyone read it?)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:37 am 

This is digging up an old topic, but that is what us new peeps do. You have to get us trained :D

I love this series. It was right up there with Harry Potter for me. I've read it again and again even though the end sort of bums me out (although it was done very well). I'm fond of Jonathan Stroud's other works as well. His book 'Buried Fire' was excellent.

Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -Dr. Seuss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2