Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Matrinka wrote:
Does anyone here visit Mugglenet Interactive (http://interactive.mugglenet.com/). My character is Ron and I was sorted into Hufflepuff.

*le gasp* Ron in Hufflepuff? Conspiracy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: BrokenSea Audio Drama Productions. Thanks Bangel for the set!
LOL I'm RobinDragonryder on MNI--Harry in Hufflepuff. PUFFS FTW

PPT'S OFFICAL VOICE ACTRESS! (click image for link)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Twitchy wrote:
Robin wrote:
Twitchy wrote:
What I'm thinking is about Georges ear. I know that the dark magic that took it of meant it couldn't ge grown back, but couldn't they sorta...magically stick a false one on?

extendable ear + permanant sticking charm, anyone? ^_^

Exactly what I was thinking. :P

i dont think extendable ears are ear shaped... they're like a string that has an earplug at one end... arent they?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Rachel wrote:
Twitchy wrote:
Robin wrote:

extendable ear + permanant sticking charm, anyone? ^_^

Exactly what I was thinking. :P

i dont think extendable ears are ear shaped... they're like a string that has an earplug at one end... arent they?

Nothing a little Transfiguration can't modify.

Unless Extendable Ears were one of the exceptions to Gamp's Principle of Elemental Transfiguration.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Robin wrote:
LOL I'm RobinDragonryder on MNI--Harry in Hufflepuff. PUFFS FTW

Gotta agree; usually I enjoy being sortd into Gryffindor - but MNI makes me very partial to the 'puff. :)

I'm the only Ron in Hufflepuff, so you should come across me easily.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I got upset at Mugglenet Interactive when it said I'm a Ravenclaw Bellatrix :P No way!
Bellatrix pwned by Molly was one of the best scenes ever.

Regarding the encyclopedia, I think even if it's not a story it'll be great to finally find out about everyone else's fates. Clever woman, she can use it as an excuse to write yet another book :D

Regarding George: at least he didn't find an ear-like equivalent of Mad-Eye's eyeball. Euch, the mental images...

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:44 am 
PPT God
PPT God

eww.

I laugh at the ickyness of Voldy cracking open Dumbledore's tomb. Thank god he doesn't have a nose. Yuck.

I laugh at the MNI sorting. There is only one other Ron/Puff -- and I have to constantly check the name of who posted when I see her threads. It's spooky how much alike we are.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

i have to say, i loved that the portrait of dumbledore in his office was different to a normal picture, in that it had dumbledores mind etc and was communicating with snape the whole time and telling him what to do. i liked that it was a special picture

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Rachel wrote:
i have to say, i loved that the portrait of dumbledore in his office was different to a normal picture, in that it had dumbledores mind etc and was communicating with snape the whole time and telling him what to do. i liked that it was a special picture

Um... all pictures have a mind of their own and can communicate with others. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

CWisgood wrote:
Rachel wrote:

but this one had more of a personality than some of the other ones. maybe portraits are different to photos - as the photos of harrys family they just wave at him - they have no concept of who is looking at them, but the portraits have an awareness of who is looking at them. i know it's similar to the other portraits, but because he was still there helping with plans etc was nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:05 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I'd say with the paintings they are continuously imbued with magic with every stroke, whereas the photos are animated afterwards.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Rachel wrote:
CWisgood wrote:
Rachel wrote:

but this one had more of a personality than some of the other ones. maybe portraits are different to photos - as the photos of harrys family they just wave at him - they have no concept of who is looking at them, but the portraits have an awareness of who is looking at them. i know it's similar to the other portraits, but because he was still there helping with plans etc was nice.

Actually, I was referring to portraits and landscapes, that kind of pictures. Not photos.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

JKR revealed some info on the epilogue and what was left out on the Today Show. You can watch/read what she said at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/ (spoilers, of course).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Matrinka wrote:
I laugh at the MNI sorting. There is only one other Ron/Puff -- and I have to constantly check the name of who posted when I see her threads. It's spooky how much alike we are.

I actually enjoyed the MNI sorting...I ended up as Remus in Slytherin. Pretty neat, and of course I'm hooked. :) I think I've seen a few PPT'ers over there as I keep checking class messages and stuff.

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:19 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Ok, I've finally got around to reading the book rather than living on spoilers alone. I have a question about the Trace.
So how on earth does this thing actually work?
In some other book we learned that the Ministry can't really check WHO is performing magic, only where it is performed. That's why Harry got blamed for the stuff Dobby did in CoS. So why do Harry & co initially think that Voldemort can spot them because Harry still has the Trace on him? I mean... if I understand correctly then in order to find them via the Trace Voldy should send a pack of Death Eaters to EVERY muggle location where a spell suddenly pops up. And I don't think even he has that many free people around :P

On a slightly different note,
Snape's death
has inspired me to make a new set. (in paint, because a) I can't draw b) more complex graphic programs are beyond me, but still) I was trying to convince myself that I didn't care and that it didn't affect me at all because I saw it coming since HBP. Well, I officially suck at convincing myself :cry:

My gallery, Chocolate Dreams: click!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next