Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:44 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Xela of Xandra wrote:
kcharles wrote:
Now,I've read then all 50+ times!I'm a major fan.

Being a major fan doesn't mean you have to have read the books loads of times- I'm absolutely, head-over-heels obsessed with HP (well, I used to be- but now that the seventh book is coming, I'm getting back into fanaticism), and can randomly blurt out obscure facts from the HP universe and such, but I've only read each book a few times- less than 4 or 5 each. :/

Well, having read the books 50+ times probably qualifies you too. I'd call myself a major fan because(among other things) I check MuggleNet daily, listen to MuggleCast, philosophize about various theories, and can also recall various pieces of obscure information found within the books quickly. There's not just one qualification for "major fan."

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Moongewl wrote:
Xela of Xandra wrote:
kcharles wrote:
Now,I've read then all 50+ times!I'm a major fan.

Being a major fan doesn't mean you have to have read the books loads of times- I'm absolutely, head-over-heels obsessed with HP (well, I used to be- but now that the seventh book is coming, I'm getting back into fanaticism), and can randomly blurt out obscure facts from the HP universe and such, but I've only read each book a few times- less than 4 or 5 each. :/

Well, having read the books 50+ times probably qualifies you too. I'd call myself a major fan because(among other things) I check MuggleNet daily, listen to MuggleCast, philosophize about various theories, and can also recall various pieces of obscure information found within the books quickly. There's not just one qualification for "major fan."

Oh, no, I realize that- I was just pointing that out. :P

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:26 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I think I've read them all about 15 times each... I always read them in order, from Philosopher's Stone to the most recent, whenever a new movie or book is about to be released. And then I sometimes read them randomly in the holidays when I'm bored.

- Go WIS!

What kind of smurfery is this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:37 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I've definitely read the early ones most. Probably combining the first 5 maybe... 20 times?
But I confess I've only read the 6th once! Not that I don't like it, I do, but just not as much and I've had other stuff to read...

Want Neopets goodies for FREE????!!??!! Sure you do! Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38039 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:01 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I've read them all many many times. Especially the first four. I know the first book I've read at least 50 times, probably more. Same for two and three, and very likely four. Number five is probably less, somewhere between 5-20, not sure really. And number 6 hasn't been around that long, so it's probably under 10. And I sometimes open to a random page and read from there, I used to do it more. I've read the endings to 1-4 even more than I've read the whole books. I annoy people (or at least confuse them) because I tend to spout off random, and usually obscure, references to the books as jokes. And they usually don't get it ;) I would so totally win a Harry Potter trivia contest :)

edit: ok, so I can't guarentee a win, but I'd be a tough opponent ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:30 pm 

Well I am a very hard-core fan. I go to all the conventions, I love Mugglecast, I've read each book 50+ times for sure, seen the movies 20+ times, ect.

677k / 1,000k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:04 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

SS/PS - 8
CoS - 4
PoA - 12
GoF - 2
OotP - 1.5 (I skimmed and only read the good parts the second time XD)
HBP - 1.1 (I started rereading, but I haven't gotten very far yet)
DH - ??

My HP craze sort of started to fade around GoF (partially because the book is also much longer) so I didn't really reread the books as much as I did for the earlier ones; also, my life got busier as I got older so I didn't really have time to read the same books over and over...

I really do want to try to get through the entire series straight at one point in my life simply because I think that's the best way to "catch" everything.

Post subject: Re: how times have you read any of the harry potter book
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:20 am 

Didn't think i was supposed to keep track, lol. I've read them many many many many many times. Probably about 20 times each? not quite sure i love them all, and can't wait for seven.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Moongewl wrote:

*Gives Moongewl a cookie the size of the sun*

At long last, someone else who knows about MuggleNet/Cast!!! :D I was beginning to think I was the only one!
*Ahem*
But I have read the books a lot, just finished HBP again last week...I'm probably going to a splode if JKR doesn't reveal any new info on Deathly Hallows soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:27 pm 

I read up to the 3rd book when the books first came out (but I was much younger and so I didn't read carefully.) I never got around to book 4 and I had to wait for 5 and 6 anyways.

At one point I thought I'd grown out of the whole harry world, but no. I really haven't. I hold harry close to my heart. <3 (I grew up with him) I decided a few months ago that i'd read the whole series before book 7.

I just bought 5 & 6 yesterday, and i'm trying to finish them within a few days. I don't want to hear what happens once book 7 is released! I would be very disappointed :( So now I really HAVE to finish these.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:31 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

PS & PoA- way too many times to count (PoA is my fav and my copy of PS is almost 10 years old and very battered)
CoS- at least 3 times a yr since '98, so probably 30+ times
GoF- 20-25 times
Ootp- 13 times
HBP- 11 times

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Byakuya San wrote:
Moongewl wrote:

*Gives Moongewl a cookie the size of the sun*

At long last, someone else who knows about MuggleNet/Cast!!! :D I was beginning to think I was the only one!
*Ahem*
But I have read the books a lot, just finished HBP again last week...I'm probably going to a splode if JKR doesn't reveal any new info on Deathly Hallows soon.

Go mugglenet! I was thinking the same as you San!

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

i dont consider myself a die hard fan, but i read every book once more whenever a new book came out. I just finished the half blood prince and have now just started deathly hallows.

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I really read the later books much more often. I love CoS but I prefer HBP and DH.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

If you guys, uhm...want to try a different series, Try Emile Zola's Germinal! It's just like Harry Potter, except it's about hereditary traits and eugenics, involving such wonderful topics as; Alcoholism! Suicide! Mining! Incest!

Far better than JK's next thriller; 'Harry Potter & The Mystery of the Seven Relatively Identical Books'

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next