Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Sugarinii wrote:
NeoPet_online wrote:
Sugarinii wrote:
NeoPet_online wrote:
Anything by Meggin Cabot, Lauren Weisenberger and Candace Bushnell. I know they're all Chick-lit books, but they're really damn good.

You're adorable. XD

Maybe it's just 'cause it helps you get into the mind of females?

You should try the Shopaholic books. XD

Yes. Um... *Cough* that's why I read them.... *Cough*

And I LOVED the Shopaholic books!

OMG YES!

I just finished reading Can You Keep a Secret? and I read The Undomestic Goddess a few months ago. Yayy. :D

OMG! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED those books!!!!!!

Have you read Boy Meets Girl? Or Teen Idol? I just finished Everyone Worth Knowing for the second time.

I am no longer ashamed of reading those books XD

President of the Sugarinii/Tasha fan club.
Sugarinii's soulmate... since 1991!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Silas Marner. Godfrey's a macdaddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
benladesh wrote:
0_0 I was just gonna say the giver and 1984. We had to read The giver in 5th grade but no one liked it because they didn't understand. I found it well written and I have a weakness for books about utopia and how humans act. Thus why I loved 1984, they take you to places no other book on this subject takes you. It really shows that a humans brain is a twig waiting to snap and once thats done you can do what you want. Amazing books.

Really? No one liked The Giver?? It's a crime to dislike that book, I think. Lois Lowry is a fantastic author, and the other two books in that series (Gathering Blue and The Messenger) are also great.

I've never finished 1984, as I had to time and then forgot about it, but from what I read, it was good.

o_0 wrote:
I think I am the only one in the world who hated Eragon/Eldest. Ugh. I can't even get over how much I hate them.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate. I barely got through Eragon- it took me ages to read it as I hated it so much (I almost always read books through to the end, no matter how bad they turn out to be). Never read Eldest as I didn't see the point. I mean, great for Paolini for getting published at such a young age and then getting a movie out of it, but come ON. Who actually thinks that the books became popular due to how great they were, and not because of the age of the author?

Cliché characters to the extreme (and they're all Mary Sues! >_<), plot is predictable... Not to mention it's mostly LotR pieced together with other books and movies (someone once told me they saw similarities with Star Wars, but I wouldn't know). Some books are meant to be long, and that just makes them better. Some shouldn't, under any circumstances, be as long as Eragon/Eldest/etc.

Sorry to those who do like the books, but I'm usually extremely easy to please, so when I hate something, I HATE it.

I guess one of my biggest problems with it is that I was always hearing people go on about how amazing and fantastic it is and how people should start building temples to the greatness that is Christopher Paolini's imagination, so I bought the hardcover. And then promptly discovered that it was one of, if not the, worst books I've ever read. So now I'm stuck with this god-awful book rotting away on my bookshelf and infecting all my other good books with its horribleness. :(

kcharles wrote:
I love Magyk and Flyte.

<3!!!!! Lovelovelovelovelove the Septimus Heap series. I don't recall running across people who hate it, though. It's more that no one has ever heard of them.

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

NeoPet_online wrote:
Sugarinii wrote:
NeoPet_online wrote:
Sugarinii wrote:
NeoPet_online wrote:
Anything by Meggin Cabot, Lauren Weisenberger and Candace Bushnell. I know they're all Chick-lit books, but they're really damn good.

You're adorable. XD

Maybe it's just 'cause it helps you get into the mind of females?

You should try the Shopaholic books. XD

Yes. Um... *Cough* that's why I read them.... *Cough*

And I LOVED the Shopaholic books!

OMG YES!

I just finished reading Can You Keep a Secret? and I read The Undomestic Goddess a few months ago. Yayy. :D

OMG! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED those books!!!!!!

Have you read Boy Meets Girl? Or Teen Idol? I just finished Everyone Worth Knowing for the second time.

I am no longer ashamed of reading those books XD

Oooh, no, I haven't. *Adds to list*

You should read The Au Pairs, and the Gossip Girl books.

I feel all giddy. :P

Xela of Xandra wrote:
Really? No one liked The Giver?? It's a crime to dislike that book, I think. Lois Lowry is a fantastic author, and the other two books in that series (Gathering Blue and The Messenger) are also great.

There's two more?! :o

Wow, I feel stupid, I never knew. XD *Runs off to get them*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:39 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

er.... anyone read... the... uh... *is obbviously emmbarressed* Stephanie Plum books?

Death is pretty final
I'm collecting vinyl
I'm gonna DJ,
The end of the world!

'Cause if heaven does exist
with a kickin' playlist,
I don't wanna miss it at the end of the world!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

One of the best 'books' I've ever read that practically no-one has heard about has to be The Aleph by Borges - a collection of short stories.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Immortal_Z wrote:
er.... anyone read... the... uh... *is obbviously emmbarressed* Stephanie Plum books?

I've read the first one and I want to read more of the series, just have to find time.

And to whoever it was that didn't want Eragorn around you can always donate it to your local library. That's where I give a lot of my read an no longer wanted books to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:20 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Immortal_Z wrote:

Heh! I've read them all. There's just something about them, they are deliciously cheesy maybe. :) I so want a Ranger of my own.

I've read some of her other books outside the series, and thought they sucked though :P

my first original set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:38 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

ya, my sister seems to like those better for some reason...

Death is pretty final
I'm collecting vinyl
I'm gonna DJ,
The end of the world!

'Cause if heaven does exist
with a kickin' playlist,
I don't wanna miss it at the end of the world!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
The Art of Love by Ovid. Actually, it's not that no one else liked Ovid, it's that I don't know of anyone who would have a reason to read his stuff.
(A friendly word of advice: if you have to read Latin poetry, Ovid's awesome. His stuff isn't boring, it's fun, and it's mostly not mythology stuff. Well, to them it wasn't mythology, but you know what I mean.)

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Moongewl wrote:
The Art of Love by Ovid. Actually, it's not that no one else liked Ovid, it's that I don't know of anyone who would have a reason to read his stuff.
(A friendly word of advice: if you have to read Latin poetry, Ovid's awesome. His stuff isn't boring, it's fun, and it's mostly not mythology stuff. Well, to them it wasn't mythology, but you know what I mean.)

Ovid's awesome - I was going to do my thesis on his work, until I quit Classical Languages after my second year. But yeah, Ars Amatoria (The Art of Love) is brilliance, pure brilliance.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:02 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Hmm.. I liked Trainspotting.. it has a movie ( it wasn't really big)... although I don't think I know anybody personally besides the one person to told me about to that has read it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

ryan.riverside wrote:
There was a week that I decided to read Ayn Raynd. So I read both The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged that week. They are my two favorite books, but the whole reason that I read them in the first place was because my American Literature professor told me that they were the absolute worst books ever written. He said that if anyone read them, liked them, and took a test over it (this was The Fountainhead) and passed with a perfect score, they would automatically pass the reading section of the class. Needless to say I read them and loved them, though I seriously doubt anyone here has read them and likes them.

The Fountainhead is my favorite book. I picked it up because the Ayn Rand Foundation runs a scholarship essay contest for it yearly, which I entered (and lost :P). I haven't read Atlas Shurgged yet, because it's insanely long (the copy I picked up in the bookstore was just over 1,000 pgs) and I already have a stack of other books to read. I read a plot summary though, and I'm looking forward to reading it, when I get that chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Hmm those books are certainly left of center. I must check them out.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

xxShannon wrote:
Hmm.. I liked Trainspotting.. it has a movie ( it wasn't really big)... although I don't think I know anybody personally besides the one person to told me about to that has read it..

Well as you'd expect - Trainspotting, being set in Edinburgh was and still is a really big film in Scotland. Irvine Welsh is an incredibly popular author here. :) You are definetely not alone.

Although it was very grimily similar to the truth... Begbie really reminds me of my uncle Alec... nice as anything when he wants to be...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next