Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:13 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: Being Lauraa/thesockoverlord's official crazy insane fanthing.
Robin wrote:
My friend got me hooked on the manga.... Ryuk=creepy (he looks kinda like a clown, and I strongly dislike clowns) But other than that, I love it!

I think he is also homosexual.
Light Yagami
Yagami backward = imagaY > I'm a gay

... Not to make fun of any homosexuals in this forum, if there are any.

Post subject: Re: Death Note
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:32 pm 

lol, never realised that xD

if anyone wants to read the PROPER Deaf-Note (yes its spelt deaf) go to:
http://www.mega-lulz.com

Its an edit of the death note manga and we've currently done 98 pages of it =p

1st post as an advert -_- sorry.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:05 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Robin wrote:
I want a Ryuk plushie!! No, scratch that--I want a pet Shinigami!! lol

Who wouldn't?
Ahhh...Death Note...Love it. To death...hehe, bad pun, didn't plan on that, oh well.
There're movies? i'll need to go find a way to see those, some time...

@->->--
A rose for you, my love...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:02 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I keep hearing about Death Note, and it sounds great, but manga are so expensive. I don't know how to read Death Note without blowing my meager college student budget. Anyone have suggestions?

Formerly Miss Padfoot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Miss Padfoot wrote:
I keep hearing about Death Note, and it sounds great, but manga are so expensive. I don't know how to read Death Note without blowing my meager college student budget. Anyone have suggestions?

If you and your college don't have a problem with it, you could probably find websites that host all the chapters, but I'm not one to tell you what those are because it's against the rules of PPT.

Or you could just plop yourself down in a nice comfy chair at the local Barnes and Noble/Borders/whatever and read it. Employees usually don't get mad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:55 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

yah i love "L" hes so cool, so smart yet so laid back

hes awesome

NDB Count: 835/1000

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:11 pm 

http://www.onemanga.com
legal

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Armite wrote:
Robin wrote:
My friend got me hooked on the manga.... Ryuk=creepy (he looks kinda like a clown, and I strongly dislike clowns) But other than that, I love it!

Light Yagami

Too bad the show was written in Japanese. The name Yagami, in Japanese, translates roughly to "Eight Gods". I deeply doubt that Tsugumi Ohba was trying to suggest that Light was homosexual by having his name, backwards, say 'I'm a gay' in English. Light was a complete sociopath and showed no evidence of even having any sort of sexuality. Not once in the entire series did he interact with another human being for a purpose other than manipulating them.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:26 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Fiddelysquat wrote:
Armite wrote:
Robin wrote:

Light Yagami

Too bad the show was written in Japanese. The name Yagami, in Japanese, translates roughly to "Eight Gods". I deeply doubt that Tsugumi Ohba was trying to suggest that Light was homosexual by having his name, backwards, say 'I'm a gay' in English. Light was a complete sociopath and showed no evidence of even having any sort of sexuality. Not once in the entire series did he interact with another human being for a purpose other than manipulating them.

Actually night god which is more to the point, the kanji being yoru :P

I got a 'Death Note: The Last Name' box of questionable authenticity (with a death note it it (55 pages of rules, often contradictory/engrish)).

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"Please to be writing victim name of great hate of pen and ink, won't you?"

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:20 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

DN sure is popular lately. :B I was curious about it a while ago and watched one of the episodes on Adult Swim. I can't even remember my reaction to it except something along the lines of "lol crazy japanese animes o_o". But yeah, a girl I know from another forum cept talking about it so I decided to watch it again. Pretty decent series. But to be honest, I only watch it because of L (I love his weird quirks) and Matsuda (who is just about the cutest little thing ever). I can't much get into Near. Then again, I've only briefly seen him, I'm not too far up in the episodes.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Same here. L was pretty much the reason I watched. I can't comprehend people who are fans of Light. It's crazy! There are entire message boards of people who AGREE with what he does!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:05 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I just finished the manga. I really enjoyed the cat and mouse game -- sometimes I'd wait 5-10 minutes between pages trying to figure out each side's best strategy and counterstrategy.

When Raito gave up the notes the first time and turned himself in, I knew he had a plan to get it back, but I couldn't quite figure it out. It was awesome to see him pull that off, even though I was really pulling for L (whom I couldn't believe actually died until 20 pages after the time skip). After that height of awesomeness, though, the ending was a little disappointing. Near's strategy was so obvious, it made Raito's counterstrategy obvious as well -- it really should have been a bit more complex. For example, why not have Mikami hide a page of the death note, write the names on that, and consume it, then write everyone's names (including Raito's) in the (fake) notebook before coming in? Obviously, Raito needed to lose at the end, but I would have enjoyed seeing Near overcome Raito at the height of his brilliance instead of the mangaka falling back on the "overconfident criminal genius makes a foolish blunder" cliché. Of course, Raito's meltdown was great, as well as Ryuuku's last act.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:34 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm only on the second to last episode (I'm following the dub) and I have to say, the second half was really rushed. I was so dissapointed when Mello died, I was expecting his exit to be a LOT more epic. He barely got any kind of development, same with Matt (who was potentially amazing). Actually, it felt like all the time-skip characters (Mikami especially) and their stories were rushed and confusing. I keep feeling like I missed something huge, but I believe I've watched all the dubbed episodes to date. We got so much time to get to know L, Light, Misa, Ryuk and the Task Force that everything else seemed kind of lacking, I guess.

BUT.

Mikami's freakout is bloody ace. xD Though, somehow I find "KAMIIII" funnier than "GOD D:"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fiddelysquat wrote:
Same here. L was pretty much the reason I watched. I can't comprehend people who are fans of Light. It's crazy! There are entire message boards of people who AGREE with what he does!

L's method isn't perfect either but at least he won't deliver an ultimate punishment until proven guilty...

Pete was a big L fan reading the manga. I was won over after the Lind L. Taylor stunt. He's a lot of fun to observe.

I just wish he could have seen the greatest case of his life to completion... Watching them work around each other was my favorite part of the show.

Now I'm interested in the live action movie. I saw the first half at AnimeNEXT and the actor they have playing L is just...he just nails all of his physical quirks. The voice is deeper but the mannerisms are there. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next