Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Newly Realesed Manga/Anime
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:05 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Discuss all newly realesed manga/anime here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:51 pm 

The first episode of Kamichu came out a few days ago. Unfortunately it was a softsubs release, and I never can get softsubs to work on my computer, so I had to watch without translation. Thus I had no idea what was happening - but on the other hand, it is a measure of how great the animation is that I was willing to watch the whole thing without understanding a word. Seriously, it's practically OVA quality - possibly better! It reminds me of Miyazaki, and of course the theme of nature spirits brings to mind Spirited Away. The heroine is even a bit like Chihiro from Spirited Away in her mannerisms.

Marchen Awakens Romance is not so new (been around a month or two, I think), but I surprised myself by watching an episode and actually liking it - and then watching all the rest of them. Yeah, we've all seen this story done before, but it totally beats Erementar Gerad by virtue of not having an annoying loudmouth hero *cough*Coud!*cough*. Even though Ginta is pretty much the same as a dozen other shonen adventure heroes, at least he doesn't get on my nerves.

The Diary of Tortov Roddle is a work of art. It's a short film/OVA composed of a series of little "stories" during the journey of Tortov Roddle through a surreal, dreamlike world. People live in houses built atop huge frogs, a fish leaps from a teacup, rabbits depart on a flying desert bus... Just watch it, and be enchanted.

Anybody watched Gun x Sword? I keep hearing mixed opinions on this one. It seems like another anime with good animation and mediocre plot, but if it's cool I might drop Trinity Blood and follow this one instead.

I'd talk about HachiKuro, Zettai Shonen, and Loveless, but I'm behind on all of those and haven't watched the newest episodes yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Most of the anime I'm watching is nearing the end of its first season such as Trinity Blood, Sousei no Aquarion, and so forth.

But a couple of new ones i'm planning to get are Full Metal Panic! Second Raid which is July 16th, and Shuffle! but I don't know when that is coming out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:00 pm 

Tide-line Blue episode one just came out. I really thought Tide-line Blue was a typical light shonen adventure, and so I wasn't that interested because I've already got Mar for that, plus it's not my favorite genre. But it is actually quite original. And it is the first time I've seen a teen pregnancy in anime; moreover, the girl in question seems to be the female lead and the protagonist's romantic interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I went with the Bakakozuo fansub of The Second Raid, hopefully that'll turn out as a good decision < their first fansub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:43 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

YAY kekkaishi volume 2 has finnaly come out..it better be good for all that wait...still waiting for QWAN 3 and shaman king 7...rummurs going around they are only coming out near the end of the year..what a wait.

*gets sleeping bag out and starts to camp outside of manga store*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]