Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Steam Boy

Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:57 am

I just watched this anime movie called "Steam Boy", have any of you heard of it?

The visual effects are amazing, and I mean AMAZING!
But the story isn't that great and the sound is nothing to die for. Overall a pretty okay movie.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I saw it, it was with my whole grade on an excursion (pretty decent way to bludge school I must admit) :P

Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:21 pm

ARG!!! Not fair!! YOu got to see it already!!! [Censored] Its not [Censored] fair!!! I want to [Censored] see it right [Censored] NOW!!!! you got it lucky, here in my neck of the woods, its half an hour to the nearest Best Buy, EB, GameStop, Suncoast you name it. I really wanna see SteamBoy, them guys have been workin on it for a while, and the style is the same as Akira which makes all the more better to watch...

Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:03 am

Havent read it
sounds interesting though

Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:23 am

What's it about...? Sora makes it sound interesting. XP

Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:16 am

Here is a summary I found:

Rei is a young inventor living in the U.K. in the middle of the 19th century. Shortly before the first ever World Expo, a marvelous invention called the "Steam Ball", behind which a menacing power is hidden, arrives at his door from his grandfather Roid in the U.S. Meanwhile, the nefarious Ohara Foundation has sent men to acquire the Steam Ball so that they can use its power towards their own illicit ends.

and is a link to the trailor from the official site:

http://www.steamboy.net/downloads/trailers/

and a photo:

It's from the same creator as Akira, Katsuhiro Otomo. It looks really cool to me. :)
Topic locked