Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Ragnarok The Animation

Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:08 pm

Well, I just started to watc hthis series, and I already like it, I saw an AMV, and I had to get it... So, now I got 10 episodes to watch. The first one was good. Full of chibi Goodness >w<

Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:47 pm

I've been watching it too. It's not the greatest, but I still watch it.

Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:24 pm

The show gets better as it goes (it starts off rather poorly), and its portrayl of things leave much to be desired in cases such as 'The couldnt possibly have killed that', however like I said it gets better and cool.

Takius's mentor is one cool guy.

Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:27 pm

I've been watching this series since it first came out. I heard about it from the Ragnarok Online official BBS. I love this anime. It's one of my new favorites. :) I think you have to know the game to appreciate it best, but it's still good if you don't.

One of my favorite scenes is when the hunter and the aco are fighting over which headgear the sin should wear (kitty band or bunny band) and then the merchant (I think it was her, it's been a while) puts the peirot nose on him. ;) lol I crack up whenever I watch that scene. ;)

Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:34 pm

I feel the anime is lame.
If u ask me to grade, I'll give it 2 out of 5 stars. :lol:

For those who played Ragnarok Online(the actual game) for a long time, will say the animation is... :roll:

Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:59 pm

Are you guys talking about the Ragnarok the Animation that ends at episode... 26? And is it the one with Roan and Yuufa? If so, I watched a few of the last episodes when my brother was watching it(before I got my this computer) I don't like it very much... The game is really good though! ^^! But I still think the anime stunk.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:20 am

magikwishez wrote:Are you guys talking about the Ragnarok the Animation that ends at episode... 26? And is it the one with Roan and Yuufa?

Yep, that's the one. :) I need to go back and finish it. I stopped because a certain someone said he wanted to watch it with me, but that someone hasn't found the time yet, so I'm just going to watch it on my own and let him know how it went. :P lol

Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:07 pm

Here is why it is....sub-par

The anime is based on the game.
The game is based on the manga.
The manga is based on what the creater ate last night :P .

What I'm saying is, the manga is better than the anime.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:24 pm

Tsumego wrote:Here is why it is....sub-par

The anime is based on the game.
The game is based on the manga.
The manga is based on what the creater ate last night :P .

What I'm saying is, the manga is better than the anime.

The manga really have nothing to do with the anime. I think they should have made a manga Ragnarok as well as a game one so we can see Assassin Cross Loki...

Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:08 pm

The anime suked cuz the game was made first. The game is suppose to be based on the anime. I guess....

Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:40 pm

magikwishez wrote:The anime suked cuz the game was made first. The game is suppose to be based on the anime. I guess....

The game is based in the world of the manga. The anime is based on the game. I thought the series wasn't too bad. It was neat seeing characters, places, and monsters that you could be/go to/fight in the game.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:36 am

magikwishez wrote:The anime suked cuz the game was made first. The game is suppose to be based on the anime. I guess....

The game was around LONG before the anime. The anime only finished not too long ago. Maybe a few months ago or so. Ragnarok the game has been around for a few years.
Topic locked