Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Bishojo Sensi Sailor Moon, Live Action Series 2004

Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:52 am

I was wondering if anyone else had had the pleasure of viewing this Japanese delight, and what they thought of it.

Come to me my pretties. :hug:

Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:06 am

I've seen a couple of the beginning episodes as well as the "making of" ep. and the dancing lesson video. I plan on watching the rest, but I haven't gotten a chance yet. I love seeing the scouts as real people. The part where Luna falls on Usagi's head always cracks me up. lol :)

Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:11 am

I stumbled across it whilst searching for Sailor Stars info. I think it's brilliant, they've really done a good job, even if the special effects look a bit like Power Rangers. Luna being a plush toy is a stroke of genius (especially when it comes to marketing).
I've just finished watching the whole series, they've made it stand alone and tie off all of the loose ends so it looks like no second series. :(

Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:04 am

I will hopefully be getting my hands on PGSM next week or sometime soon after. *crosses fingers* I love Sailor Moon. It was my first anime addiction, and while it isn't my 'official' favorite, it's still my sentimental favorite. ^_^

Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:12 am

I lost a lot of sleep in the week that I got PGSM, I'd go to watch "the last one before bed" but it would end on such a cliffhanger that I just had to watch the next one, and the next one...ad infinitum.

PGSM has helped me learn quite a bit of Japanese actually, English subtitles and Romanji (or however you spell it) subtitles are great.

EDIT: Off to bed now. Ciao PPT peeps!

Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:42 pm

I saw the whole series, I thought it was really good, except for the power-ranger like monsters XD I loved the girl who played Sailor Mercury and the storyline was really interesting.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:31 am

I've finally started watching this (only 2 episodes thus far), and it's sooo cute. Sailor Mercury is so pretty! I love her hair. I want that wig, darn it!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing my favorite, Sailor Jupiter/Kino Makoto. I'm curious as to how the character will be portrayed and everything.

While I'm watching the Live Action, my husband and I have also decided to rewatch all of the original series too. We're watching 1 to 2 episodes each day, so that we get the full enjoyment without getting tired of it from watching too much at once. The main reason for the rewatch is the fact that I finally have the R season uncut in Japanese. I've never seen the original version of that season, and honestly, I didn't see much of it dubbed either. I had already banned dubs from my anime viewing by the time the "17 newly released episodes" (aka, the end of R) were actually released. Wow, that was a long time ago...spring of 1999, I think.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:09 pm

I Have seen quite a few episodes and i think its brilliant, its just a shame there aren't more episodes to see.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:31 pm

I've watched all... 1-51 + special ep and act 0 :)
Topic locked