Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You are speaking from a biased view though, clearly, as you want to wrestle boys.

Now, you have to know, that ultimately, I don't really care. Because I don't wrestle.
But I can see why they wouldn't let a girl be wrestling boys.
Just like I don't compete against boys in athletics. I could beat some of them, but that doesn't mean I think it's unfair I can't compete against them.

This is going to go around in circles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:52 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
*Flashbacks*

Back when I went to a Boarding School (which also has a Boarding College down there as well that students go to after are 16) there was a girl called Hayley who would every Thursday play Soccer with the boys and she was the only girl that would always play soccer when it was time for soccer on a Thursday. BTW she was very good player at soccer in case you are wondering heck she if even made into the team when our Boarding place took on a team from somewhere else as well as on our Boarding place's College team when took on our Boarding place's school team. The only thing I wished whilst I was playing soccer every Thursday as well was that more girls down there would take part in the sport but none other Hayley would want to take part.

I have no problem with girls wanting to play sports that are people say are for boys only such as soccer and I have also no problem with boys wanting to play sports that are people say are for girls only such as Netball. On any given day if put a all boys team against a all girls team you will find either gender can beat the other gender. If a all girls team is very good at a certian sport and a all boys isn't then the all girls team will win 99% of time. (Viseversa If a all boys team is very good at a certian sport and a all girls isn't.) The other 1% covers luck seeing as sometimes the underdog gets lucky and wins over the favorite.

There is way too much sexism in this world and all sports should be for both genders seeing as there people on both genders who like to play all different types of sports regardless if a sport is say to be for boys only, girls only or both genders. Problem is some people just can't take geting hurt despite knowing the risks that they might get hurt.

Eg.

A ball hitting someone hard in the face, upper region of the body, or lower region of the body. (Covers a lot of sports here)

Submissions moves in amateur wrestling.

Punches in Boxing, Kicks in Kickboxing.

All I got to say about that is if you can't take the pain then don't cry when you get hurt in a sport where the risks of geting hurt are high.

@ .:Requiem:.

Congrats on making your school's wrestling team despite having the sexist gym teacher who didn't want girls to wrestle boys even though you had to quit after the first match. How did the other girls your school react when heard about this? Hopefully this opens the way for more girls to try out for your school's wrestling team as well. I honestly have nothing against girls being on the same wrestling team that has boys on unlike your sexist gym teacher.

All genders have the right to have fun and no-one shouldn't be able play the sport that want to play because they are the wrong gender. BTW I have a netball basket at home with a ball to shoot with and when I want to shoot some hoops I get it out of the garage. (Despite the fact I'm a guy and Netball is sexist against males.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ah, now you're getting confused with sexism.

Oh dear.

Look, netball isn't a sexist sport. It is primarily played by women, because there is not enough interest from men. You get the odd lad who'd like to play, but not enough to make a team.
We had lads on our netball team in primary school, but not secondary school- when you get to secondary age the differences between genders become more obvious. No, I don't mean that, I mean in terms of sporting ability in general.
If enough boys wanted to play netball, we'd have a team. Though they'd need boys in other areas to be interested enough, so they could actually play people. Nobody says they can't play- in fact, in GCSE PE boys HAVE to play netball.
And 95 % of them absolutely loathe it. They want to play basketball. They want to move their feet with the ball, they want to bounce it, they want to go all over the court. We do try and get them to play!

We do have a girl's football (soccer team) and a girl's rugby team- that's ALL GIRLS- because when we've tried to form the teams, enough people were actually keen to participate. We have a girl's football and a girl's rugby league.

I'd never say such and such sport is for males and such and such is for females and the other gender can't play.

This isn't sexism. *collapses*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

See the thing is, if I'm not allowed to compete against boys then I can't compete at all. There aren't enough girls to make a girls team, but that shouldn't mean that the girls who do want to wrestle shouldn't be able to just because there aren't enough of them.

I don't specifically want to wrestle boys, I just want to wrestle. And if the only people to wrestle are boys, then I want to wrestle them. I'll wrestle "girl, boy, or dancing bear," I don't mind if I win or lose or get hurt I just want to wrestle.

(And, sadly, you don't actually have to try out for wrestling at my school because there are only eleven or so people who want to do it each year.)

Clicky!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4