Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:17 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

i think that a girl can anything that a guy can do and it would be cool to see a girls wresting match

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:11 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I wrote a letter to my principal about how my friend and I are not going anywhere in our wrestling careers by not being able to wrestle boys, and this is what he wrote back (in an email, no less):

Quote:
...we agree with the overwhelming majority of athletic directors in the Boston area that most boys your age are simply not emotionally ready to wrestle against girls.

So that's his reason. Funny, you could say the same thing about segregation. "White people are not emotionally ready to eat in the same resturaunt as black people." This is making me very, very angry. Is every single 12-15 year old boy in the state "not emotionally ready" to wrestle girls? If I can find a team outside of school that lets me wrestle boys, I'm going to quit the school team and join that team.

Clicky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Base wrote:
I wrote a letter to my principal about how my friend and I are not going anywhere in our wrestling careers by not being able to wrestle boys, and this is what he wrote back (in an email, no less):

Quote:
...we agree with the overwhelming majority of athletic directors in the Boston area that most boys your age are simply not emotionally ready to wrestle against girls.

So that's his reason. Funny, you could say the same thing about segregation. "White people are not emotionally ready to eat in the same resturaunt as black people." This is making me very, very angry. Is every single 12-15 year old boy in the state "not emotionally ready" to wrestle girls? If I can find a team outside of school that lets me wrestle boys, I'm going to quit the school team and join that team.

That's a good one! Well played!

I suggest writing a letter to the local newspaper. This is the kind of ting that local editorial/opinion pages absoultely adore because its easy to throw an opinion out and get loads of feedback.

Plus you'll find that a little public humiliation can go a long way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:32 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hey, that's a good idea! Thanks, I think I'll do that.

Clicky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

floella_de_ville wrote:
A simliar thing happened at my high school.
They wouldn't let the girls play rugby with the lads.
In the end our rugby coah caved in and lets us have girls rugby training.
We couldn't have any matches though because no other school in our area had a girls team the same age.
My rugby coach loved me, he always said I was better than most of the lads team :D

I would wrestle with guys, I do with my mates.
We had a wrestling match round my house last year and it took 2 guys who are bigger than me to pin me down for 3.

Difficult to pin someone down when you can't actually touch their chest though isnt it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Indeed. And getting whacked in the tits absolutely knackers.

Base, your white/black people segregation comparison is unwise/not very good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Igg wrote:
Indeed. And getting whacked in the tits absolutely knackers.

I'd say that the argument is very good in this setting. Don't get me wrong, f this was some sort of debate where the validity of her argument was being judged, then it would be a horrible argument. However, at this point she is simply trying to get people worked up about the situation and get them to see how horrible it is. By comparing it to segregation, however faulty the argument is, she may be able to work up a little bit of a fervor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:

How so, Igg? Obviously not on the same scale, but a decent analogy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:28 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Skullsplitter wrote:
Difficult to pin someone down when you can't actually touch their chest though isnt it.

Actually, no, it isn't. Using you're hands to pin someone is a very, very bad strategy. You get perpendicular to them, chest on chest, putting you're weight on them with you're arm under their neck so they can't bridge.

I'm not sure how many of you have actually wrestled, but when you're wrestling you are definitely not thinking about the awkwardness of the situation. You're thinking about it as a sport, and what you can do to try to get the person on their back and such.

As a 13 year old girl in Texas said, "If people are thinking about it that way, then I'd think they'd be more worried about two boys wrestling each other." The people I know who might think it weird to see a boy and a girl rolling around on the floor together are most definitely also homophobic.

Clicky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Having successfully kicked the arses, so to speak, of several lads, one of whom was a foot taller than me and about 6 stone heavier; in unofficial wrestling matches I have this to say:

I haven't changed my mind :)

Base, I believe Skullsplitter was talking about rugby, which is rather different from wrestling :) Although judging by the recent England/Wales game, quite similar to kickboxing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:01 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Lawsuits.

Deep in the heart of texas one year, I knew a girl whose parents filed suit against this girl's coach, because he let her wrestle guys.

It was most likely for money, but I mean, they have to avoid these things.

Yes... Very much so

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:30 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

But I should think that if the the only two girls on the team are asking persistantly to be allowed to wrestle boys then there wouldn't be a problem :roll: .

Clicky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:32 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

In my school girls fight agaisnt girls. Even if girls had to fight agaisnts guys, that doesn't mean the girls will lose because they are weaker, I can tell you for sure that there are hundreds of girls who could kick my smurf any day of the weak...with little efford at that.

I'm an old member, back in the day, I use to rule the battledome board use to post on everything and be everywhere, I was popular back then. Now I'm a nobody, forgotten in the wind. Poor me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:44 am 
PPT God
PPT God

only_matt wrote:
In my school girls fight agaisnt girls. Even if girls had to fight agaisnts guys, that doesn't mean the girls will lose because they are weaker, I can tell you for sure that there are hundreds of girls who could kick my smurf any day of the weak...with little efford at that.

I don't thein that the administration is worried about the girls being beaten or being injured.

They are more worried about the... effect that wrestling girls will have on boys.

Keep in mind where this whole situation is geographically located. Forgive the generalizations, but this is the society that is so insecure with itself that it went positively wiggy when a performer simply exposed her breast on television and millions of taxpayers dollars were spent changing the statue of Lady Justice so that her sheet didn't give the populace an extra peek. (Forgive the political comment, but I do think that it is relevant to understand the kind of culture that is being dealt with here)

The concept of boys and girls rolling around in spandex together is absolutely mind blowing. Heaven forbid that these boys can keep their minds focussed on the sport for a few minutes per week.

Dag nabbit! Wrasslin'!?! That there is the devil's sport. Next thing you know, them kids'll be wantin' to dance together... and we all know where that leads! Now why doesn't she pick a nice woman's sport like field hockey or cooking.
My apologies to those involved in field hockey. Some of my old high school friends were in field hockey and were the most physically adept human beings I ever met. That being said, the mandatory skirt was a bit of a problem for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Field Hockey is vicious boy, vicious.

We have shorts under the skirts. It's the safest way to be, especially with a field like ours. And lord was I glad of it when I *accidentally* felled a rather large girl with my hockey stick.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next