Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Fencing?

Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:53 pm

I'm going to take fencing this tuesday. It seems like a LOT of fun. poking people with swords? AWESOME!!

btw, for those who don't know, fencing is sword fighting ^^

Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:55 pm

I fenced in PE in seventh grade. It was loads of fun, but most of the class didn't take it seriously, ie. they didn't follow the rules and just waved the foil around or they just had you poke them once to get it over with.
Last edited by SpiraLethe on Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:15 pm

I want to join the fencing club at my high school. Seems awesome.

Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:48 pm

I started fencing when I was nine. I love it, you couldn't pay me to quit!

Are you taking sabre or foil? I prefer sabre, but I take both.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:28 am

Ive never tried it but it looks like fun. Im going to join the fencing club if it ever starts at my school.
Anyone ever heard of Sherraine Mckay i think thats how its spelled. She origgannly learned how to fence from the person who runs the fencing clucb in our school. For anyone who hasnt heard of her shes one on the 10 best fencers in the world im not sure which one.

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:46 am

I go fencing on tuesdays, and I started around the begaining of October when the begainers start. Thats odd...

Anyway, I've just started, and its a lot of fun. Right now we are just learning foot movements, and lunging. Next week we get to finaly fight! Yay!

Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:01 am

I fenced in PE in seventh grade. It was loads of fun, but most of the class didn't take it seriously, ie. they didn't follow the rules and just waved the foil around or they just had you poke them once to get it over with.

OMG, you do that in P.E!!! No, way! :o

Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:24 am

I LOVE FENCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember: foil shall conquer all-aswell as non-electric. Electric fencing is bad...
I haven't used a saber yet, but I hear you can get pretty gruesome bruises with them. OO also: don't use epee. Epee is just like a heavier version of foil with no off-targets and no right-of-way. So...confusing...(without those two). You spend time extending your arm so you get right-of-way, when you could just lunge.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:32 pm

Ahh! Fencing is AWESOME! I wish my school had a club or something so I could do it more often, though...I prefer foil fencing, but I'd like to try Kendo sometime...

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:21 am

Ooooh wow! I've never fenced, but it sounds like something that would be great fun to do. We don't even have a place around here where one can learn I don't think.

Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:34 pm

If it was at all available to me I'd love to take it up
(when my back uncripples)

Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:18 am

I would SO love fencing! But... I don't like the foils you do it with. They're so... bendy, y'know? I prefer plastic four-dollar swords with painted plastic blades... I sometimes fight with invisible orcss. In fact, I'm making it a routine to do that right after violin practice.

Plus I have a real sword now, so I'll do it more often. I have this feeling like I'm training for something, I probably got it from my alter-ego. I mean, my typing sounds like horses galloping right now O.o *goes and watches TTT*

Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:28 pm

I really want to try fencing, but I'm pretty young for it, and I don't know of any places near me that teach it.

Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:09 am

Puck102701 wrote:I LOVE FENCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember: foil shall conquer all-aswell as non-electric. Electric fencing is bad...
I haven't used a saber yet, but I hear you can get pretty gruesome bruises with them. OO also: don't use epee. Epee is just like a heavier version of foil with no off-targets and no right-of-way. So...confusing...(without those two). You spend time extending your arm so you get right-of-way, when you could just lunge.

Yep. I hate epees. But the foil shall quiver in the shadow of the mighty saber!

Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:11 am

Combat_Boot wrote:I really want to try fencing, but I'm pretty young for it, and I don't know of any places near me that teach it.

How old are you? I started when I was 9, like I said...I wanted to start earlier but my mom wouldn't let me. It's an hour drive, too. 5 times a week.
Topic locked