Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: NHL...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

i suppose this goes here but anyway,is anyone else upset about this crap thats goin on in hockey? there better be a season or i will go crazy or somethin...

Post subject: Re: NHL...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:26 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Black_Panther wrote:
i suppose this goes here but anyway,is anyone else upset about this crap thats goin on in hockey? there better be a season or i will go crazy or somethin...

I kinda cried. Its causing this empty feeling, Its not real..

I refuse to believe it.

I need a cookie or something.

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*hugs tight*
So sorry Dan...*passes a cookie* It's extra large, just for you *shy smile*

Dear lord I sicken myself sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:29 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

It sucks that there will be no or may not be a season this year. I usually like watching the play-offs.

Go Flames.

I'm an old member, back in the day, I use to rule the battledome board use to post on everything and be everywhere, I was popular back then. Now I'm a nobody, forgotten in the wind. Poor me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:08 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

from what i heard it seems this is all over money,sheesh i wish they would get over it and have a FULL season already

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:37 pm 

Black_Panther wrote:
from what i heard it seems this is all over money,sheesh i wish they would get over it and have a FULL season already

It is over money, the player's want more money to play. They already make more money then just about everyone put together in my town. I think they should just buzz off, they just want more mansions and mustang's.. I can handle missing the NHL for a year. They wont get paid if they don't anyhow. So eventually they will give in and play next year.

Just my oppionion on the bases of what I have heard. It may not all be true, so don't take my word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

FreaksRule! wrote:

It is over money, the player's want more money to play.

From what I've heard, the owners and league want to put in a salary cap because a good majority of teams have been losing money ever since the last CBA agreement. Of course, a salary cap would probably result in pay cuts for many of the players from the ones who earn the minimum to the superstars who earn 8+ million a season so the players union won't agree to it.

It looks like a long standoff right now. IF there is an agreement, somebody will have to give in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:38 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

didn't this happen in 94 or 95 as well? i forget which year but seems that they got over it then, why can't they do that again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:36 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

It's all because the players are a bunch of greedy smurfs. They already get paid millions, why do they want more?

(Signature in process)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:48 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
.:JAG:. wrote:
It's all because the players are a bunch of greedy smurfs. They already get paid millions, why do they want more?

I think is because they are greedy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

yeah, you're right about the other lockout. It was the 94-95 season. I think they only played like 48 games. They only resolved it on the eve of cancelling the entire season. Unfortunately I'm not very optimistic about this year.

Oh well, guess I'll have to satisfy myself with college and AHL games this year...

I'm finally back for the summer, although hopefully I'll spend a little more time away from this screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:42 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

hockey has become my fav. sport over football so if they know whats good for them they'll fix this mess and play,all sports over pay players anyway they ought to be happy with what they get for doin so little

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:00 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Combusken BG wrote:
.:JAG:. wrote:

I think is because they are greedy.

You have a point. XD

(Signature in process)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Universal Senja wrote:
FreaksRule! wrote:

It is over money, the player's want more money to play.

From what I've heard, the owners and league want to put in a salary cap because a good majority of teams have been losing money ever since the last CBA agreement. Of course, a salary cap would probably result in pay cuts for many of the players from the ones who earn the minimum to the superstars who earn 8+ million a season so the players union won't agree to it.

It looks like a long standoff right now. IF there is an agreement, somebody will have to give in.

That is my understanding of the situation as well. As it stands right now, if the salary cap was to go into effect, all teams would have to make drastic cuts in payroll (hence why the Flyers weren't overly enthusiastic about re-signing Marc Recchi...even if he was our MVP...and why he treked back across the state to Pittsburgh ). Beyond that, if players want to keep their jobs, they're probably going to have to take a pay cut.

I personally like salary caps, although I'm not sure if one as drastic as the owners are currently proposing is really necessary. Salary caps even things out a bit and make it possible for more teams to have a shot at the championship. I think that makes things more interesting, personally.

Set by Cleo_lo from set contest 2005

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:22 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I also like the salary cap. It keeps teams from dominating and adds a whole new aspect to the game, needing to have strategy in the offseason and all.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next