Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:10 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

another thing is tv ratings for hockey ain't that good anymore there quite poor so their losin money from that as well, and also all the players that don't perform...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Black_Panther wrote:
another thing is tv ratings for hockey ain't that good anymore there quite poor so their losin money from that as well, and also all the players that don't perform...

Well that depends on where you are. I live in Mass so the ratings don't drop too much (we're an odd bunch, sometimes it seems the longer you've gone without a championship, the more we love the team).

For another perspective, my dad lives in Michigan. Everyone there has Red Wings junk - bumper stickers, jackets, flags, everything. I'm sure their ratings are doing just fine.

Now granted I don't know anyone who lives in a place like Nashville, so I can't really say if the ratings there are significantly lower.

About the players not preforming... I think they preform just fine. I think the real problem is a few teams have all the best players. The cards are stacked in their favor.

I'm in favor of a salary cap, there is no balance in the league.

I'm finally back for the summer, although hopefully I'll spend a little more time away from this screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favour of a salary cap, but high pay role does not necessarily equal high performance.

The NY Rangers have one of the highest pay roles for some of the biggest names in the league and haven't made a dent in the standings for a good long while.

Also the fact that teams are losing money shouldn't be a surprise. Expansion teams going into unfriendly hockey areas like Nashville or Atlanta and not being popular on TV isn't a shock. Of course these teams are losing money!!! The average citizen down there has never joined a game of pickup with neighbourhood kids. They've never skated on a backyard rink. 90% of them probably have'nt seen snow!!!

Plus this excessive amount of irrelevant teams have dilluted the talent for all franchises.

They need to find a way to cut the fat on crappy teams where there is no market, but allow Canadian team who actually have generated interest in the game but are working with a weaker dollar to thrive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:24 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

maybe they need to tweak the rules alittle to get more viewers or somethin,and i also would be in favor of a salary cap most players are not worth there price anyway, some are injury prone like lindros which i use to love when he played for my team the "Flyers" but now he gets hurt alot... the players just need to cave already and accept less money,maybe over time they would get more money once hockey recovers,one last thing.... WE WANT HOCKEY THIS SEASON! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Apparently we're not the only ones that feel this way!

See, it had a grundo or something sayin "bring back hockey"... but its gone... so you have to take my word on it...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2