Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Athens 2004 Olympics (Split)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Continue the disucssion. Yeah, that guy did have a weird voice. It's awesome that he won though! Funny thing is, my mom kept telling me and my brother to keep watching since she heard that it happened by reading something on the web.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Eh... him and his brother have high voices.. nothing really shocking about it.

I wonder why that does happen though... just look at female gymnists.. Why are they usually always so short and look WAY younger than they actually are (not just the height part but the overall appearance of just looking younger).
And if youo watched the female gymnastics.. they all talked in pretty high voices as well.

Maybe all of that extreme excercising starting at such a young age does it....
*shrugs*
But anywho....
Tonight is the female single gymnastics thing right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:03 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Shollia wrote:

I wonder why that does happen though... just look at female gymnists.. Why are they usually always so short and look WAY younger than they actually are (not just the height part but the overall appearance of just looking younger).
And if youo watched the female gymnastics.. they all talked in pretty high voices as well.

*shrugs*
But anywho....

Well, female dancers and gymnasts, especially ones who start at young ages, tend to...er...mature earlier than other people and therefore stop growing at an earlier time than others. After girls...mature, the most they grow is 3-4 inches more. Some of the girls are in their 20's, I was surprised when I looked them up on the US Olympics site. The youngest seems to be Carly Patterson, she's pretty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:15 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Crescendo wrote:
Shollia wrote:

*shrugs*
But anywho....
Well, female dancers and gymnasts, especially ones who start at young ages, tend to...er...mature earlier than other people and therefore stop growing at an earlier time than others. After girls...mature, the most they grow is 3-4 inches more. Some of the girls are in their 20's, I was surprised when I looked them up on the US Olympics site. The youngest seems to be Carly Patterson, she's pretty.

Carly Patterson actually looked her age (16)... There were 20 year old female gyminst, that looked 10 to me...

~Set by moogie~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Svetlana Khorkiva (can't spell >_.) is 26 (or thereabouts). She looks about 14.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Igg wrote:

But waaaaay taller than most other 14-year-olds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:02 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Atamand wrote:
Igg wrote:

She IS really, really tall. That can be a big disadvantage for a gymnast (the others are really small, as stated up there ^). She's really determined to win the gold. She wants it as much as she wants to "mother her own child".

Carly Patterson is my favorite to win. She's young, but really, really good.

I felt pretty bad for the few girls that fell. All of them seem to have a LOT of pressure put on them, especially at a competition like that.

Set by robot. Van Den Hoogenband is the best name, ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I believe Carly Patterson is the girl from Allen, Texas. She probably lives about ten minutes from my house. I don't think we'll be able to avoid a million pictures of her in the morning. >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:31 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
New Zealand basketball just beat the world champs I believe and are getting closer to medals...though so far we still suck XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

We won the gold in women's all-around!!! *happy dancing* They were all amazing though.... I'm so impressed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Fifth Marauder wrote:
Atamand wrote:
Igg wrote:

She IS really, really tall. That can be a big disadvantage for a gymnast (the others are really small, as stated up there ^). She's really determined to win the gold. She wants it as much as she wants to "mother her own child".

I felt pretty bad for the few girls that fell. All of them seem to have a LOT of pressure put on them, especially at a competition like that.

Eek, it's actually Khorkina. By the time you'd written that Carly Patterson had already won XP
She's only 164 cm tall. That's taller than most gymnasts, but it's not taller than most 14 year olds :P

Ah, good old athletics starting up. Phillips Idowu through to triple jump final- YESH!
Been watching the Heptathlon...I love those ladies! I love seeing how happy they are when they do a PB or something. Kelly Sotherton's in joint 2nd after 2 disciplines... she's becoming a bit of a star in multiple eventing. Denise Lewis is down in 14th, although shot putts coming up next and she likes that.
Carolina Kluft up in first, which is as expected really, I'm expecting her to win it, and I'll be rather pleased if she does. She's got a lot of character...I love seeing her celibrate...and she always enjoys it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Igg wrote:
The Fifth Marauder wrote:
Atamand wrote:
Igg wrote:

Eek, it's actually Khorkina. By the time you'd written that Carly Patterson had already won XP
She's only 164 cm tall. That's taller than most gymnasts, but it's not taller than most 14 year olds :P

Ah, good old athletics starting up. Phillips Idowu through to triple jump final- YESH!
Been watching the Heptathlon...I love those ladies! I love seeing how happy they are when they do a PB or something. Kelly Sotherton's in joint 2nd after 2 disciplines... she's becoming a bit of a star in multiple eventing. Denise Lewis is down in 14th, although shot putts coming up next and she likes that.
Carolina Kluft up in first, which is as expected really, I'm expecting her to win it, and I'll be rather pleased if she does. She's got a lot of character...I love seeing her celibrate...and she always enjoys it :)

Stupid 8-or-so hour time difference........
The fact that all of the other gynmasts are smaller than tiny confused me.
The only time that she looked young to me was during floor exercise. All of the other times, that stare she gives makes her look older.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:19 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm glad Carly Patterson won the Ladies all Around Gymnastics.

It's wierd....everytime I turn on the tv....all it is is gymnastics or Swimming....I never find anything else..but having just regular channels means that only Channel 8 is covering it on my TV

Awesome set by Tomatie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hey cool...Canada finally won its second medal. A silver in, uhhh...trampoline. O_o

Never knew it was really a sport.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yay. Another Gold for Great Britain, this time in the 1k time trial with a victory from Chris Hoy.
The individual persuit is going well, with Bradley Wiggins through to the final, assuring him of at least silver. Well, he did break the olympic record ijn his heat :P
I saw Anna Meares win the 500m time trial with 33.952s...a new world record, first woman ever to go sub-34s. Well done her, she looked ecstatic.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next