Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Le Tour De France?

Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:28 pm

Is anyone else here a fan of le tour?

I've been staying up late watching the racing live (it finishes about 2am my time). It's the only sport i will make an effort to watch.

Re: Le Tour De France?

Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:32 pm

I haven't watched it in a couple of years (no cable last summer), but I enjoyed watching it for Lance's last 4 or 5 wins. I'll have to see if I get it here. I'm not sure I'll still know any of the riders, but I really enjoyed watching their sportsmanship and their sheer endurance.

Is that German fella (the one who came in second to Lance a few times) in it?

Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:08 pm

i stopped watching Le Tour De France after Lance Armstron won it for the third time. :roll:

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:55 am

I actually watch le tour with my dad. He's always been huge into cycling and has owned a few bikes over the past ten years or so. I was quite a fan of Lance, but now I only recognize a few of the riders. Most of the others I knew have been banned for doping.

Siniri wrote:Is that German fella (the one who came in second to Lance a few times) in it?

And sorry to say Jan Ulrich (I think thats who you're talking about) is not. If I remember correctly he was another rider under suspiscion of doping.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:31 pm

I watch with my mom, mainly because of George Hincapie (since he's from G'ville). ^^

*Chellie wrote:And sorry to say Jan Ulrich (I think thats who you're talking about) is not. If I remember correctly he was another rider under suspiscion of doping.

Yeah, I think he did get kicked out. :)
Topic locked