Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Euro 2008

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:48 am

I am a little new to following soccer, but all of my friends can basically name every team in the US and Europe as well as their star players. I'm actually surprised that I didn't see this topic already.

Thanks to them, I am interested in following Euro 2008, but I don't really know which team(s) to cheer for. Who does everyone recommend? Who are you cheering for? What do you think the outcome will be? Etc?

(I even got super excited when the pizza place I got lunch at today was showing the Germany/Austria game.)

Re: Euro 2008

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:10 pm

Holland. They are doing well so far.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm watching Spain/Italy right now. Rooting for Spain, of course. But I'm not qualified enough to predict a winner. :P

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:43 pm

Well, we already know the end, of course. I was rooting for Portugal, but their performance against Germany was so poor I am very sad. Haha afterwards I was rooting for Turkey, because they were kind of the major underdogs here, and though they didn't win I think they put up a really good fight against Germany. And I'm glad Germany lost.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:17 am

I was actually quite happy that Spain won even though I wanted Germany to win :P

It's definitely a spanish year.....I have a feeling that Rafael Nadal will win Wimbeldon ever since that young spanish fella won the golf.....*shrug*

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:48 pm

I'm so happy Spain won! I was cheering for Portugal until they went out, then switched to Spain.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:50 pm

I was rooting for Italy, being that I'm italian.
Until spain beat them in PK's, and then I started rooting for the russians.

But then they lost, and I just didnt care anymore. lol

But congratulations to the spanish players, they deserved it.
Topic locked