Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Re: 2008 Olympic Games

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:50 am

Yay for Australia winning gold on the 10m platform diving. The last dive from Michael whatshisname was AMAZING. He needed 108 to get gold, and he got 112. Stopped China from taking 8/8 in the diving, too. Seriously. Just incredible.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:23 am

Alex wrote:Yay for Australia winning gold on the 10m platform diving. The last dive from Michael whatshisname was AMAZING. He needed 108 to get gold, and he got 112. Stopped China from taking 8/8 in the diving, too. Seriously. Just incredible.

Ooo yeah I saw that - every time I see a dive like that, my jaw literally drops, and it's amazing that it happened in his last dive to just clinch that medal :D

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:25 am

im glad that Britain's Tom Daley didn't come last in the 10m platform diving. At least now he knows what to expect when he competes in London 2012 :P

I'm rather annoyed though since all the events I wanted to watch were not being shown. :x

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:27 pm

3lla wrote:I'm rather annoyed though since all the events I wanted to watch were not being shown. :x

Same.
I think I caught like...one tennis match out of all of them. :(

Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:35 am

Thank you Beijing! Sad to see it go :(

I wonder if I could manage to get to Vancouver...

:peace:

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:41 am

They're showing some of the highlights during the closing ceremonies, and I've gained some respect for Bolt after seeing his 200m performance -- that's how you should set a world record. He even dipped at the end, despite being more than 10m ahead of his nearest competitors.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:41 pm

What will I watch during my break at work now? :(

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:19 pm

Siniri wrote:They're showing some of the highlights during the closing ceremonies, and I've gained some respect for Bolt after seeing his 200m performance -- that's how you should set a world record. He even dipped at the end, despite being more than 10m ahead of his nearest competitors.

That's because he was running for the record as well as the win; in the 100m he was only running for the win.
Topic locked