Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Champions League Final

Wed May 23, 2007 8:47 pm

Well, that was a joke.

That was, perhaps, the worst 90 minutes of footall I have ever seen in my life. It was a joke.

Liverpool were by far the better team. They had the better defense, arguably the better attack and were by far the more honest.

The state of Italian football must have gone down the pan. There was more diving in there than in a Christiano Ronaldo 'how to play football' video. They simply could not make a tackle without Milan getting a free kick. The referee hardly stopped it, and his decisions were frankly barmy. The severity of the punishment was based on nothing! Yellow cards were awarded randomly.

The first goal made the game rubbish. Liverpool were afraid to tackle because of it; in case they let another goal in.

The last fifteen minutes were a joke. About half of it didn't get played; and the rest of the time was eaten up by Italian time wasting. The incident where the player dived on the floor and the referee refused to let him be taken off the field was beyond a joke.

Although, I have to say, Liverpool dug their own grave. If the defenders could walk instead of just standing there and looking stupid, then they would have saved that second goal, nd by doing so book themselves a spot in extra time (And I think Liverpool are one of the better penalty taking teams, incidentally).

And there's one dirty player, Gattusso. You are not allowed to hit other people if decisions don't go your way - makes the game pointless.

My friend offered me a ticket to see it (for a mere £150 - before we knew Liverpool were in it) and I'm glad I didn't go now. Sad day for football.

Wed May 23, 2007 8:55 pm

My fiance taped this match, but I don't think he's going to get to watch it until tomorrow. Thanks for preparing me, I'll be ready to console him!
Topic locked