Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need Help! Please name this NHL brawl.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:11 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Hi guys. With all the hockey going on in the olympics it has triggered a memory in my grandmother's mind, and I am determined to find a video clip of this game somewhere on the web. She cannot recall exactly what year it was, or even what team or league it was in. Not being an avid NHL at all she had only watched the fight and cannot remember anything else about it.
Let's see if you guys can atleast pull what year it was in, or even team or game or.. whatever!.
Supposedly the fight was huge on the ice, and if it was as big as she described I'm sure it was pretty popular. The decade it was in had to be either the 80s or VERY EARLY 90s. I know this is very little information to go by, but again it's all I have. It could of been tens of fans, both teams, who knows. It came off sounding like a huge moshpit that they could barely control. Any ideas?.

Quote:
Image How come in the TCG: Darkest Faerie edition there's a Yellow Gallion, but no such option to paint your Gallion this colour exists?.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Although I didn't really start watching hockey until the early to mid 90s, I would think that it'll still be hard to identify a particular one without some sort of specific detail. =\ If you said that a brawl broke out in response to a player from team A taking a run at a player on team B, there would be a handful of games to choose from. However, if you said that a fight between a player and fans broke out, I would easily think about Tie Domi and that game between Toronto and Philly (not sure if that's the only case though, but it doesn't apply since it happened post 2000).

Was it a local team? As far as I know, minor league teams don't televise games so I think we can put aside that possibility and focus more on the NHL or European leagues. If all else fails, I believe certain companies sell videos (ie "Bench Clearing Brawls Vol 2", etc.).

Hopefully this helps a bit and you could understand what I was trying to say this late at night. =\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I know my search is a little.. well, pointless with what I'm working with. D:
I asked her again and the most she could tell me is that it could've been both teams and a good number of fans.

Quote:
Image How come in the TCG: Darkest Faerie edition there's a Yellow Gallion, but no such option to paint your Gallion this colour exists?.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I went on Wikipedia and I got a few instances of violence in the NHL...

Quote:
1982 - Jimmy Mann of the Winnipeg Jets left the bench and hit Pittsburgh Penguin Paul Gardner, breaking Gardner's jaw in two places. Police charged Mann, who was fined $500 and given a suspended sentence in Winnipeg.

1988 - Dino Ciccarelli hit Leafs defenceman Luke Richardson with his stick. Charged and convicted of assault, he is sentenced to one day in jail and fined $1,000.

These were the only two from the 80s. There's one from the 90s, but it's from 1998.

I hope that helps. :)

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]