Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wimbledon is nearly upon us.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Any thoughts? Does anyone else even CARE?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:12 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

took my long enough to reply but yes i do care..i love tennis i stayed up till 4 in the morning to wtahc the live playback in australia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I care! ^_^ I have my draws all done up. Let's see... My predictions are:

Men's final: Federer defeats Grosjean. Went for the 'safety' of Federer, since I just can't see anyone beating him on grass anytime soon, and I have no idea how I managed to get Grosjean that far. I guess because I have Ljbicic taking out Roddick. Heehee...Andy's nemesis. Plus, Sebastian always seems to make to the semis, so why not go one round further this year? Of course, if he makes it that far, I'd love to see him win. I prefer him to Federer, but the likelihood of that happening isn't that great.

Fun match-up on the Men's side: Safin and Philippoussis in the 2nd round. That could be very, very interesting to watch, especially since they're two of my favorite guys. Mark's great on grass and usually does well here, but he's coming off that nasty injury. Safin is such a great player when he wants to be, but seems to have a chip on his shoulder when it comes to grass. It's a real toss-up, given the situations. My husband has chosen Safin to when, while I have chosen Mark to make it through (all the way to the Quarters, actually). Of course, while watching the match it'll be impossible for me to pick just one to cheer for. They're both so much fun to watch, at least to me. Mark and his fun serve, Safin and his all-around skill plus antics. Good times, good times...

Women's Final: Henin-Hardenne defeats Kuznetsova. Justine is my favorite player on tour now (Seles...come back!), and I think she has a nice shot at Wimbledon this year. It was the first place she made it to the finals, after all. I'm just a bit nervous since she didn't do any warm-up events. Danilidou in the first round might prove to be a bit of a challenge, but then it should be easy sailing to the Round of 16 where she could face little Ivanovic, or perhaps a rematch of the French final with Pierce.

Fun match-up on the Women's side: Clijsters vs Davenport in the Round of 16 could be very, very interesting. Will Kim want revenge? Will Davenport want to sock it to her again? I have Davenport winning, since she's pretty good on grass, but that was pretty much a coin flip decision, and I actually hope Kim wins the match instead. Mmm...all Belgian final... Sounds like good times to me!

As you can see, I'm a smidge bit obsessive about tennis. ^_- I'm very disappointed that the Wimbledon Online radio appears to be subscription (fee) only. I had such a nice time listening to Radio Roland Garros a few weeks ago. Granted, the commentators tended to talk about everything except the match, but at least I could hear the grunts of the players and roar of the crowd. On the other hand, since I'm quitting my job at the end of the week, and only working half-days through the week, I should actually get to see a lot of tennis this time, rather than just listening to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:03 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yayness, I can assure you all, I shall support Tim Henman right up until the Semi finals... :roll:

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I wrote:
Men's final: Federer defeats Grosjean. Went for the 'safety' of Federer, since I just can't see anyone beating him on grass anytime soon, and I have no idea how I managed to get Grosjean that far. I guess because I have Ljbicic taking out Roddick. Heehee...Andy's nemesis.

Well, Roddick's portion of the draw just blew wide open with Ljubicic and Karlovic going out, some, um....look out Grosjean, if you even make it that far! ^^;

I wrote:
Women's Final: Henin-Hardenne defeats Kuznetsova.

Oops. Guess that's not happening. I guess that's what happens when you haven't played a grasscourt match in two years. Oh well, there's always next year. ^_^v My women's draw is totally sporked now though.

Twinkle wrote:
Yayness, I can assure you all, I shall support Tim Henman right up until the Semi finals...

Yipes, he gave me a bit of a scare today! While I only have him going to the fourth round in my draw, I still wouldn't mind seeing him going further, at least to his usual point of defeat. ^_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Federer is my one true love of tennis.

I'm one of those 'fans' who resents people jumping on the bandwagon after he one his first Wimbledon. I adore that man.

Disappointed that Clijsters lost, because of her Eastbourne performance and also because I think she deserves it that little bit more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Igg wrote:
Federer is my one true love of tennis.

I'm one of those 'fans' who resents people jumping on the bandwagon after he one his first Wimbledon. I adore that man.

Disappointed that Clijsters lost, because of her Eastbourne performance and also because I think she deserves it that little bit more.

did some1 say federer..he is the all time best tennis play ever..

i am also dissapointed that Clijsters didnt make it.

more dissapointed that venus won wimbeldon and not davenport..venus is just not up to her game.

i live in australia and the mens finals are at 1 in the morning for me..think im sating up to watch it..HELL YES!! FEDERER BETTER WIN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Federer is an excellent player, but I'm not really a fan. I admire his game, but after being a Sampras fan for so many years, I'm looking for something less than perfection, something much more exciting. With Federer, it's almost certain that he'll win, sort of like Sampras. But with Safin, you never know what you're going to get. ^_- I'm more of an admirer of Federer. I love to watch him play, but I'll neither cheer for nor against him. Okay, I cheer for him often, especially when he's playing guys I can't really tolerate.

I was disappointed with Clijsters' performance as well. I prefer Henin-Hardenne, but I'm looking forward to Clijsters finally breaking through and actually winnning a Slam. She's too good of a player to constantly be the runner up.

Disapointed with Mauresmo too. She was up a set and a break on Davenport and still couldn't keep it together. But, as I'm getting used to that, I'm not terribly upset, and I still enjoy her as a player.

Well, as Federer's up 5-4 in the third over Roddick, I think this final is about to be done. I was hoping it would be a bit more exciting, but c'est la vie, I suppose. I guess it's time to start getting worked up over the ATP event in Indianapolis, IN. I'm making plans to go this year, and I'm very excited. None of my favorites are playing (yet), but I'd love to see Blake, Baghdatis, Gimblestob, and Karlovic in action. Philippoussis is considering a wildcard, and if he got it that would make my month. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:04 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

WAHOOO..federer won against roddick...roddick was up to his game but..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

God...

Roddick wasn't even close to even having a chance against Federer.
There were way too many unforced errors on his backhand.

Wooo!!! Go Roger! :D

(Signature in process)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I know, wasn't that a rather pathetic final? I mean, at least last year Roddick took a set, didn't he? Although, I definitely think it's a case of Federer getting even better, not Roddick getting worse. Hehe, at least there weren't any bagels like against Hewitt at the US. ^_- Now that was truly pathetic.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]