Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Laker Downfall
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:50 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Hobe shaq and phil have left the lakers...w00t...go pistons :D

.:.^By WebKitty^.:.

RAWR! I R BD CHATTER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I found it quite entertaining. I'm not a basketball girl, but I definitely knew about the Lakers. Who couldn't? After Maths there was a chorus of screams. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THE LAKERS LOST! AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

I think some bets were also lost. :P

What was more interesting was:

"Who are the Lakers? Are they a hockey team? They sound like a hockey team."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:44 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm glad since they are my favorite team's rivals lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Boo. I'm definitely a Lakers fan (maybe it's out of ignorance, since I don't follow basketball unless my brother's watching it). But hey, everyone wanted the Lakers to lose because people hate the top team, no matter what team it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:43 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Lillie wrote:

They were Originally from Minneapolis, they had the great lakes out there ... so the team was caled the Lakers, then they moved to L.A. and did not chaneg there names ... now in Minnesota the Timberwolves take the palce of the Lakers.

RAWR! I R BD CHATTER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:56 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I grew up in San Bernardino, CA, and like many people living in California, I grew up watching the Lakers, and became a hardened Lakers fan.

But in the last two years, I've started watching other teams more often, and there are other teams I like alot: Sacremento Kings, New Jersey Nets, Indiana Pacers, and now, Detroit Pistons.

I was stunned by the Detroit Pistons' dominating performance in the Finals, but I had no doubt in my mind that they are a very capable team. I was equally stunned by the Lakers' poor performance in the Finals. With All-Star and Hall-Of-Fame players, along with Derek Fisher, a veteran with much experience, and Devean George and Kareem Rush, two players who've surprised me this season with their good performances. Unfortunately, those good performances were inconsistent, so those two didn't bring it, so to speak, every game, like they should. Had they done so, the Lakers might have fared better in the Finals.

The Pistons starters out-performed the Lakers starters on every game. In fact, the Pistons as a whole, dominated the Lakers team and out-played them in the entirety of every game. It should have been a sweep had it not been for the miracle plays of Kobe Bryant and Shaq. As a matter of fact, they should not have had to make such miracle plays as they've already contributed about 80% of the Lakers offense, which is really sad. Nobody else stepped up. Gary Payton and Karl Malone were virtually non-existence, and the bench as well. Detroit on the other hand, had players stepping up from everywhere, so to speak. Only two players from their team had any Playoff experience, and that is Cambell and Hunter, but those two had their Playoof experience playing for the Lakers. The Lakers season was a disaster, the Pistons season was a grand success.

I still like the Lakers, but I'm greatly disappointed with their performance in the Finals. On the other hand, I have a new favorite team, the Detroit Pistons.

My friend asks me, "Sad the Lakers lost?"
"Nah," I replied.
The reason why I said that was, I wasn't distraught that the Lakers lost. I marveled at the performance that the Pistons gave; they gave me a performance worth watching. I like a team because of talent, effort, and passion; the Detroit Pistons were all of that. Unfortunately for the Lakers, only Kobe and Shaq were that; everyone else seemed, for the most part, not as passionate about winning the series, at least on the court.

Heh- The New Jersey Nets, one of my favorite Eastern Conference teams, put up a better fight.

Good series. Good job Detroit. I look forward to watching those two teams next season.

I'm going to order that NBA TV package for next season so I can watch all the teams.

I love basketball. ^__^

I run The Infinity Program, a den of villains and swashbucklers.

Last edited by Hyperion on Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:02 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

i dont like basketball, but it was good for the sport for them to lose

Im the 1337 harry fan here so ha!

Thanky ou Jens so much for my set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The way I see it is, most people only follow the winning team... because they win. Whatever happened to home pride?
For instance, the NY Yankees-- the majority of their fans aren't even from NY or the area. They only like them because they win.
I suppose that's why I've stuck with the Lakers, whether they win or lose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Im so glad the Lakers didnt win this one. Because they always win. I like the Pistons more anyway. GO PISTONS :D :D :D

Lovely Set By _jaye_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

T.M.W.A.C.H.N wrote:
Lillie wrote:

They were Originally from Minneapolis, they had the great lakes out there ... so the team was caled the Lakers, then they moved to L.A. and did not chaneg there names ... now in Minnesota the Timberwolves take the palce of the Lakers.

Thanks for explaining the history. I didn't know exactly where the name came from although I knew they were LA's team. I should have said: the quote isn't my own but a classmate's. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:58 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I live in the Detroit area, so I'm glad the Pistons won. Go Pistons! :D

Long live Ken Jennings!
June 2, 2004 - November 30, 2004

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:33 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Lillie wrote:
T.M.W.A.C.H.N wrote:
Lillie wrote:

Thanks for explaining the history. I didn't know exactly where the name came from although I knew they were LA's team. I should have said: the quote isn't my own but a classmate's. :P

Glad i could clear up your clasmates question ;)

RAWR! I R BD CHATTER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:37 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I wanted the Pistons to win cuz I live in Michigan. My mom kinda got me interested in proffesional basketball games cuz the only basketball I ever used to watch was college. And the only team I ever watched was Michigan State. Ecspecially when they play Michigan.

I love soccer guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:09 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

its not fair that they always win! they had all the good players..

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]