Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:58 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Pedro signed with the Mets today..
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1945561
I'm upset about this. Pedro and Nomar were the first Red Sox players I knew, and now both of them are gone. I'm mad that it seems like he did it for the money too. It's going to be weird not having him anymore.

Well, hopefully with the extra money we can get Varitek.

<center>Image
Pink line pwns all!
</center>
Image <-- Thanks Medli!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Strechii wrote:
Pedro signed with the Mets today..
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1945561
I'm upset about this. Pedro and Nomar were the first Red Sox players I knew, and now both of them are gone. I'm mad that it seems like he did it for the money too. It's going to be weird not having him anymore.

Well, hopefully with the extra money we can get Varitek.

Upset is the understatement of the year for me. I put on my Pedro jersey and cried to my boyfriend for a good few hours this evening. He thought I was crazy... then we went to the grocery store where (of course!) I saw a box of wheaties with him on it and started bawling again. My family is upset too... my mom's dissapointed, and my dad's just plain angry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

With what the Mets are paying Pedro, I can't say I'll be missing him all that much. IMHO, I don't think his arm will last four more years. But if anyone so much as mentions the phrase "twilight of his career", they won't live to see the sunrise.

It is a pity about the Wheaties box though. I'm actually going to have to eat the cereal, and that stuff is gross.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Naniwai wrote:
It is a pity about the Wheaties box though. I'm actually going to have to eat the cereal, and that stuff is gross.

lol I just leave the cereal in it... it's more complete that way. :P (That and wheaties are just plain nasty...)

Now that it's sunk in, I realize that they were right for not overpaying for him. Anything that could hurt Theo's financial flexibility to pick up a key player at the trading deadline is a bad thing.

Also worth mentioning?

We picked up John Halama: If you look at the splits, his ERA as a reliever is about 2.30... good pickup for 1yr/1m.

Edgar Renteria: I grew attached to Cabrera, but Renteria is a very quality SS. I think 4yr/40m is a lil steep and long (considering the development of Hanley Ramirez is coming along...). I think it'll work out well though. I'm hopeful anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I was of the impression that they'll be dealing away Hanley Ramirez after signing Renteria, but I'm not sure. Certainly he's a better hitter than Cabrera, but I will miss Orlando. I'll have to change the Orlando's Better shirts, though. Hey, Edgar's Better, not bad!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:37 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

We got Clement too! He's not too bad. 3.68 ERA this year with the Cubs.

I'm not really sad about Pedro leaving anymore. I was defending him when people said he left for the money too. He changed that when he started saying all that bad stuff about the Red Sox. Goodbye Pedro.

<center>Image
Pink line pwns all!
</center>
Image <-- Thanks Medli!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Meep is a Phillies phanatic -dances-

The Phillies aquired Kenny Lofton in a deal to the Yankees for some pitcher I have never heard of.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Heh. The biggest news out of the Rangers' camp is either the resigning of Dellucci or the signing of Richard Hidalgo. Probably big for the Rangers, but nothing in comparison to what others like both New Yorks or Arizona are doing this winter. o_O

They really need pitching, but they seem to be too hesitant to pay big for one. I really wanted to see them sign Pavano, but topping ten million a year for a pitcher isn't something I would expect the front office to do.

As for the whole Pedro thing, I honestly don't think he can save the Mets like they hope he can. His performace in 2004 was par. For one, his ERA in 2004 was the highest in his career. Heh, the Mets seem to have this tendency to overpay for players past their prime (Bonilla anyone?).

I'm assuming you guys don't have any sympathy toward him though after hearing his little bashing speech against the Boston management.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Universal Senja wrote:
Heh. The biggest news out of the Rangers' camp is either the resigning of Dellucci or the signing of Richard Hidalgo. Probably big for the Rangers, but nothing in comparison to what others like both New Yorks or Arizona are doing this winter. o_O

Hidalgo is a good, young player... I'd take him on my team. :) The Rangers impress me with what they've been doing. Wouldn't mind seeing them win a bit more at all.

Universal Senja wrote:

As for the whole Pedro thing, I honestly don't think he can save the Mets like they hope he can. His performace in 2004 was par. For one, his ERA in 2004 was the highest in his career. Heh, the Mets seem to have this tendency to overpay for players past their prime (Bonilla anyone?).

I'm assuming you guys don't have any sympathy toward him though after hearing his little bashing speech against the Boston management

I'm a sentimental type of gal, but after all of the bridges he's burned... good riddance. Nothing pains me more than seeing last year's team dismantled piece by piece, but with 16 FAs what else can you expect? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:28 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Universal Senja wrote:

I'm assuming you guys don't have any sympathy toward him though after hearing his little bashing speech against the Boston management.

I don't think he can save the Mets either. A team has to carry itself, not one person carrying it.

I've basically moved on from Pedro. Because it's true that his ERA was the highest this year, and he can only last 100 pitches. He's still a great pitcher, but I'm glad we didn't over-payed him. I'm more worry about Varitek now.

<center>Image
Pink line pwns all!
</center>
Image <-- Thanks Medli!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm going to ask a Neopets Cubs-fan friend about Clement. His record was under .500, but his ERA looks fine.

But I am going to kill Steinbrenner. I can't believe he got The Unit.*attempts to disbelieve*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Naniwai wrote:
But I am going to kill Steinbrenner. I can't believe he got The Unit.*attempts to disbelieve*

Whaaaa? No he didn't. o_O

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/a ... alled_off/

Not that we don't have other reasons to kill him or anything...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Really? I just got back from skiing and I must have been misinformed. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Naniwai wrote:
Really? I just got back from skiing and I must have been misinformed. :D

You about gave me a heart attack posting that. :P

Anyways, we should be signing Tek tomorrow. 4 years, 40 million. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:40 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I am so happy about re-signing Tek. This is such a great great Christmas gift!! :D

<center>Image
Pink line pwns all!
</center>
Image <-- Thanks Medli!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next