Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Favorite Olympics

Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:36 pm

Well, with the summer olympics recently ending and a few topics about the olympics in here, I figured I'd make a topic that I haven't seen yet.

Which olympics do you like more and why?

I'll go with the summer. To me, the winter olympics just seem like something to pass by the time during the four year period between olympics. I guess I also like the summer olympics cause I can actually do some of the things they do. (Though not nearly as well)

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:56 pm

I used to like the Summer Olympics more, but then I watched the last Winter Olympics and was reminded of why the Winter Olympics are awesome -- figure skating, skeleton, and aerial skiing (can't remember the correct name).
With the Summer Olympics, my favorite events to watch fall under swimming and gymnastics.
I suppose I like them both, and it's a good thing they come every other year.

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:12 pm

I like the summer Olympics more, since most of the events I like to watch (Volleyball [indoor, not beach], basketball, swimming, gymnastics, and a few more) are included. I like to watch bobsleding in the winder Olympics. :)

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:32 pm

The Summer Olympics, definately. I love Diving, Swimming, and Gymnastics. The winter olympics are really just..there. :-/ I only like the figure skating.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:10 am

Summer Olympics, hands down. It's just much more interesting to me than Winter.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:49 am

I love both but I prefer the Winter Olympics just a bit more than the Summer Olympics. I just love watching the Ice Hockey and the Bobsleigh
events.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:00 am

Winter, of course. I just find the summer olympics overhyped and boring. They definitely lack the creativity that the winter olympics have. I think so, anyway.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:21 am

Summer. I find the Winter Olympics rather boring at times. Well, same with the Summer Olympics... First week is great, then the second week is sort of blah, but eh. For me, it's like every other day is boring during the WO.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:44 am

I prefer the winter olympics, however, I'm not a huge fan of figure skating. I used to be, and my mum loves watching it, but after awhile, it just gets silly.
I love speed skating, it's by far my favourite olympic event of both combined. I seem to have forgotten the names of events, but I love most of the winter events, the different forms of sleighing/sledding, etc. I like snow.
The past two weeks were the first time I've ever actually watched the summer olympics, I did enjoy them, but not as much as I enjoy the winter olympics.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:47 am

I'm still waiting for poker to be part of the Olympics.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:30 am

halfbakedbliss wrote:I'm still waiting for poker to be part of the Olympics.

Blackjack is a better candidate by far...

Anyway, I like the Winter Olympics better as I like Winter sports far more than summer. Despite the fact its poorly publisized compared to its counterpart and the fact NZ doesnt do very well I like it.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:57 am

The Summer Olympics (which are my Winter). Mainly because nobody really makes a big deal over the Winter ones down here :)

Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:33 pm

Summer Olympics. I thought this topic was gonna be about Which year did you like best. Ah well.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:51 pm

I like both. :) Probably Winter olympics if I had to chose one of the two.

Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:03 pm

Summer for me. More stuff to watch.
Topic locked