Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Alanis Morissette
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hey, are there any Alanis Morissette fans here? I'm a new fan, I've only started to like her recently. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:01 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

yes i must confess, i am a long time fan of miss alanis. "jagged little pill" was my 6th grade sound track, (which gives you an idea of how verry old i am ;) )we listened to that cd religously, actualy it was a tape, i didnt have a cd player so my friend and i taped the cd, but we had to beep out all the swear words, it was kinda funny, but i digress. aneyways alanis takes me back to a purer time, a time of sleepovers, a time of cencorship, and late night confrences about what we were gonna wear to school the next day, *sigh those were the days. good ol alanis.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Awwwww...that's sweet how it brings back memories for you. :D "Ironic" reminds me of when I was very young. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I reckon she's alright. The man-hating whiny angsty stuff does begin to grate after a while :P

And the song Ironic really gets on my nerves. Most of the situations aren't ironic. How is rain on your wedding day ironic!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
She's okay, I'm not a HUGE fan of her, but I enjoyed a couple of her songs. I like her older work more than her newer work though (moreso anything back from 2000).

Igg wrote:
And the song Ironic really gets on my nerves. Most of the situations aren't ironic. How is rain on your wedding day ironic!?

Easily, someone that has dreamed of having the perfect wedding only to have it suddenly rain out of nowhere and ruin it when the time comes (remembering that this is a scenario and are no "what if's"). Whether its literal or symbolic is debatable. That seems ironic to me.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:
I reckon she's alright. The man-hating whiny angsty stuff does begin to grate after a while :P

Yeah, shouldn't be called Ironic. It's about disappointments in life. o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:46 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

ladyfair wrote:
yes i must confess, i am a long time fan of miss alanis. "jagged little pill" was my 6th grade sound track, (which gives you an idea of how verry old i am ;) )we listened to that cd religously, actualy it was a tape, i didnt have a cd player so my friend and i taped the cd, but we had to beep out all the swear words, it was kinda funny, but i digress. aneyways alanis takes me back to a purer time, a time of sleepovers, a time of cencorship, and late night confrences about what we were gonna wear to school the next day, *sigh those were the days. good ol alanis.

Ha!! I was in high school when that album came out! Talk about OLD!

I love Alanis! I think she's great. Although, I have decided I liked her more in her angsty days. She's much to happy now. ;)

Kugetsu wrote:
Igg wrote:

Easily, someone that has dreamed of having the perfect wedding only to have it suddenly rain out of nowhere and ruin it when the time comes (remembering that this is a scenario and are no "what if's"). Whether its literal or symbolic is debatable. That seems ironic to me.

Actually, it's not irony at all.

irony
The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.
http://www.dictionary.com

So you see, it's not irony. The most ironic thing about that song is that it's not about irony at all. ;) J/K
But I still love it!

Stupid server is back up! Siggie time!
This set is by robot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:55 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I like that new song...eaight easy steps. The music video is also pretty cool

Mood:Sleepy x.x
Song of the Week:Ocean Breathes salty-By Modest Mouse

thank you vkceankraz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ah, I've been a longtime fan and still am, since Jagged Little Pill (although I think I liked Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie more). I was a little disappointed with Under Rug Swept (well, at least the singles "Hands Clean" and "Precious Illusions"), but hey, So-Called Chaos is pretty great so far- although I'm also more of a fan of her angsty stuff. Her new happier stuff is still good, haha.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I like a few of her newer songs (Hands Clean and I think Eight Easy Steps... I've heard it a few times, but never got the name) But I also liked her Jagged Little Pill album and a little of the Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie album (mostly Thank U and a few others). She is pretty unique as an artist and I think that's where she makes her marks.

porcelain wrote:
irony
The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.
http://www.dictionary.com

So you see, it's not irony. The most ironic thing about that song is that it's not about irony at all. ;) J/K
But I still love it!

You missed the second definition :P :

a. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:41 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I used to like her but my old girlfriend got me into them and then we broke up and I couldn't listen to her songs anymore. Sounds cliche and crappy, but it's true.

Visit the PPT Better than You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

At least the video for Ironic was really cool =P

Jagged Little Pill was the first CD ever to be owned by anyone living in my house. I remember my brother buying a CD player and that CD. We listened to it all the time because it was the only CD we had XD

I remember when her first single came out. You Oughta Know, and that summer, my brother, my sister, and I would all take turns recording music videos on MTV. My sister recorded the video for You Oughta Know, and we all loved it. But we had no idea who Alanis was, and I remember saying "She'll probably be a one hit wonder."
Well... I was wrong.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Chibzter wrote:
I like that new song...eaight easy steps. The music video is also pretty cool

I'm in love with that song at the moment. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kugetsu wrote:
She's okay, I'm not a HUGE fan of her, but I enjoyed a couple of her songs. I like her older work more than her newer work though (moreso anything back from 2000).

Igg wrote:

I don't see why rain should necessarily ruin a wedding. Note- the song says rain, not monsoon etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:
Kugetsu wrote:

Igg wrote:

I don't see why rain should necessarily ruin a wedding. Note- the song says rain, not monsoon etc.

It might affect the camera taking the wedding photos? Oooh or maybe the people would be getting married outside? I'm thinking about it too much. -_-

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next