Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Maroon 5
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:06 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I can't believe there isn't a topic on them yet! :P

Anyone apart from me like 'em? ^^

She Will Be Loved is definatly my favourite song from the Album.

The album (Songs About Jane) -rules-. Meh.

For some reason, I always thought that the guy who did the vocals (Adam) was -actually- called Jesse. Hmm.

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm not a huge fan of them, but I do like a couple of their songs. Not enough to buy the album, though ;) I'll stick with buying singles.

Mandy's a great fan of them though :P

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:12 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Hey I don't own the album, but I love the songs the've released so far. She will be loved is my fav by far.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 am 

I like Maroon 5 a lot. There's a certain charm about Adam Levin's swaggering vocals, and each and every one of the songs on their album is pretty good. She Will Be Loved was my favourite song of theirs until it was released and a local music television station put me off it by playing it aaaaall the time. Now it's probably Must Get Out, Secret or Sweetest Goodbye.

They suffer a bit when live (Adam Levin seems a bit stiff) but overall a very decent band.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Listening to the album right now :) I think they'll do well and gain a decent fanbase, but I think I'll probably lose interest before too long. Jamiroquai went the same way. Caught my attention with his unusual voice and interesting melodies, but then got samey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:58 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I like a couple songs by them, but I think they're too over-hyped. *dodges rocks*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:56 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I love Maroon 5. My favourite songs are Shiver and Secret. I bought the album when they had just released 'This Love' because my friend got me to listen to some songs and I loved them ^^ Their songs are overplayed though. That kinda annoys me >_> I also like some of their songs from when they were Kara's Flowers.

I had an autographed lyric book, but my sister lost it x___X She's still paying me back :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:27 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I really like She Will Be Loved. I DID like This Love but it was beyond being overplayed. Kinda makes me not like them as much.

I'm considering buying their album though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:31 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I like them I might be going to see them in concert.

Thanks for my sat Jade MWAH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:15 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I like She Will be Loved and Harder to Breath (I think that's what it's called).

I never liked This Love much then it got played so much on the radio that I now detest it >_<

Image Image
Amazing set by Shadowfare, go get one ;) / Check out the cool iPod, thanks to Amethyst

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jim wrote:
Listening to the album right now :) I think they'll do well and gain a decent fanbase, but I think I'll probably lose interest before too long. Jamiroquai went the same way. Caught my attention with his unusual voice and interesting melodies, but then got samey.

I've actually compared the two before. Not because they are really all that much alike, but they seem to have the same effect on everyone. At one point you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing a Jamiroquai song, it's the same with Maroon 5 right now. >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:55 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Location: If I tell you that, my Draco puppet pal will shoot you with a machine gun
weeeeeee I love Maroon 5! I asked for their cd for my birthday. I like all the songs, I really have no favourite...wait that's a lie. I looooove She Will Be Loved! Except the crappy radio stations out here always cut out the end so you can never hear Adam Levin singing "please don't try so hard to say goodbye" solo at the very end. IT MAKES ME GO CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've heard Harder to Breathe once on the radio in Winnipeg, and I really liked it. Whenever someone says Maroon 5 or Spiderman that song ets stuck in my head :D
So yeah, I like them a lot. I'll keep listening to them after they disappear too. (I still listen to my old Sugar Jones cd. I bet nobody remembers them)

avatar by me, signature from http://www.freewebs.com/phanatix/home.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mm, I like them, I want their album but I'm too lazy (and too much of a cheapskate, I haven't bought any CDs for 8 years). But then again...I've only heard the singles, and my favourite's "Harder to Breathe", which was released far before the other two (in their 2002 pre-release thing "A Few Songs About Jane").

Sure I like them now, but seeing the way things are going, they're pretty likely to be a one-album wonder. :\

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

She Will Be Loved isn't half bad. But I can't say I like Maroon 5. "This Love" drives me crazy. -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I like them. I have their album. I like "This Love" and "Secret" the most. A lot of their songs are overplayed though.

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next