Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Bands with both boy and girl vocals?

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Does anyone know any good bands that have both girl and boy vocals? I love the way their voices contrast.
I know about Alphabeat, Shiny Toy Guns, Los Campesinos!, and Peter, Bjorn and John, and Matt Kim.

Re: Bands with both boy and girl vocals?

Sat May 01, 2010 11:05 am

paramore has boy vocals backing but not that much :oops: Sorry not much help

Sat May 01, 2010 6:19 pm

I agree that the combo can be really amazing. A number of my favorite songs are by male-female duos, but most of them are single-song cooperations rather than by a group. Most of the groups I can think of off the top of my head are outside the rock/pop genre.

A few rock/pop ones that I can think of: No Doubt and Peter, Paul, and Mary.

Sugarland is a female-male country duo (with some crossover), with Jennifer Nettles providing most of the vocals. On most of the songs, the male (Kristian someone-or-other) functions mainly as back-up, but on other songs, he has a more prominent role.

There are a number of Irish traditional bands (or more contemporary bands with Irish trad roots) that have both male and female vocalists. One that I can think of off the top of my head are Brigid's Cross... I know there are several others, but their names are escaping me.

Wow, this is tougher than I thought.

Sat May 01, 2010 6:33 pm

Paramore has a female lead vocalist with male back up in several songs.
Nightwish has a few songs where the male and female singers sing quite equally
Lacuna Coil
Flyleaf
The Hush Sound
Eyes Set To Kill

And then a few specific songs:
Seven Days to the Wolves and Bye Bye Beautiful - Nightwish
My Heart and Franklin - Paramour
Be Mine - Erik Hassle and Ellie Goulding
Take My Hand - The Cab ft. Hey Monday & Fall Out Boy
What Have You Done - Within Temptation
Topic locked