Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Michael Jackson has died.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:51 pm

Michael has been taken to the hospital after having CPR performed on him in his home. According to published reports (link below), he is not doing well.

I don't want this to devolve into a discussion of perceived guilt or innocence of any possible crimes (that's a hint, by the way). Regardless of what people think, he was by far THE driving force for pop music and crazy fashion in the 80s and even into the early 90s.

Plus, he was Elizabeth Taylor's only friend.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b131160 ... rrest.html

EDIT: TMZ is reporting he has died of cardiac arrest.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 54,00.html

Re: Michael Jackson has died.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:11 pm

I'm so shocked. The man was so talented. He was truly a legend.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:39 am

Deja vu. This feels just like it felt when Steve Irwin died.
"Wow, really? Is that even possible?"

Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:19 am

Michael was an excellent singer who had many awesome hit songs!

Personally I loved his Black or White and Heal The World songs the most.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson :(

The King of Pop will sadly missed by all. :(

Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:30 am

I was sitting with my mum, and she heard it from a friend over the phone.

She told her friend, who's daughter burst into tears and it took us forever to calm her down.

RIP Michael Jackson, he was extremely talented.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:57 am

Xerophyte wrote:Deja vu. This feels just like it felt when Steve Irwin died.

Yeah, that's how I felt. Some people just feel bigger than life and when they're suddenly taken out by something as simple and normal as a heart attack, it just grounds everything.

Regardless of anything else, he was an excellent musician and the world has lost a very talented person. :(

Michael Jackson has died.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:47 pm

MJ died yesterday. =/

As did one of the three original Charlie's Angels. Not a good day for Hollywood.

Re: The bad news thread

Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Pittbunny wrote:MJ died yesterday. =/

As did one of the three original Charlie's Angels. Not a good day for Hollywood.

No definetly not a good day for hollywood

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:41 am

While it was sad that Michael Jackson died and all, i bet all those people who bought tickets to his shows next month are going to be royally hacked off as many of them not only bought tickets, they have already made travel and accomodation arrangements as well.

But in all sombreness (is that even a word?) MJ was a musical hero despite his questionable lifestyle and his presence will be missed.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:32 am

zombie_killer wrote:While it was sad that Michael Jackson died and all, i bet all those people who bought tickets to his shows next month are going to be royally hacked off as many of them not only bought tickets, they have already made travel and accommodation arrangements as well.

But in all somberness (is that even a word?) MJ was a musical hero despite his questionable lifestyle and his presence will be missed.

I don't think I'd be mad if I was going to go to a concert and the performer died before I could go. I'd actually be terribly sad. Those people that made travel arrangements and such to go all the way to London to see him were really fans.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:51 am

zombie_killer wrote:While it was sad that Michael Jackson died and all, i bet all those people who bought tickets to his shows next month are going to be royally hacked off as many of them not only bought tickets, they have already made travel and accomodation arrangements as well.

But in all sombreness (is that even a word?) MJ was a musical hero despite his questionable lifestyle and his presence will be missed.

My teacher actually had arranged travel to get to the show and had tickets and accomodation paid for and everything
not to go off subject but things didn't get any better for her because she now has a black eye from her horse kicking her

Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:52 am

(Pittbunny's topic has been merged with mine).

Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:55 pm

Xerophyte wrote:Deja vu. This feels just like it felt when Steve Irwin died.

Dude. That was exactly what I thought when I heard about it. No joke. o_o I was like "Sorry... What?"

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:26 am

As a follow-up, Michael Jackson (or the Jackson 5) hold all of the top 13 spots on Amazon, and 16 of the top 20 (the others are Regina Spektor at 14, Wilco at 16, George Harrison at 19, and Green Day at 20)

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:25 pm

So, did he ever comment on that Thriller dance piece from on YouTube? I'm curious to know what he said, if anything.
Topic locked