Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Shakira_Shoyru wrote:
____amanda wrote:
I think the marriage suited her. She became more of a girl and didn't resort to wearing men's ties anymore. I watched the video yesturday morning and it was just a fun song :)

Heyyy I wear ties. loll xD
And around the school some people say stuff like ''Avril Lavigne style, huh?'' when I pass by with a tie. loll
I only like my tie. xD;; I can still be very girly. loll (Ok, just not every day, I can be masculine as well. xD)

Well yeah, she changed a lot, explored new stuff... And she became more of a girl, but yeah, that also means she will get new people to like her music and lose fans that dont like the change. That just comes with everything else. Its a personal choice, it's like she likes it, she probably doesnt do that for the people, but for herself.

I agree with that. I mean, I'm twenty-five now, and what I'm wearing today I probably wouldn't have worn a couple of years ago, and absolutely never have worn in high school. People change, fashions change, cest la vie.
As for the song, I only heard it once on the radio so far. Eh, I'm not going to run out and download it, but I found it more silly than anything.

my first original set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:41 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The song almost made my ears bleed.

Bangel wrote:
I just find it amusing how she went from "I'd rather be anything but ordinary" to "HEY HEY YOU YOU I WANNA BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND".

Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hil wrote:
The album leaked. I downloaded it just to give it a try again and I'm still not impressed. I like When You're Gone (which is supposedly the next single) and Innocence though. Other than those songs and the singles, the rest of the album is just mediocre at best.

Exactly my opinion, "Innocence" and "When You're Gone" are amazing. If only she kept the theme of the album to those songs.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

My favourite song from her new album is "When You're Gone," it also sounds like her other song "My Happy Ending" if you think about it.

Set made by YesItIsh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:32 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Bah! I HATE her. Not because she' not talented. I can admit through clenched teeth that she does have a nice voice but she isn't a musician, and it would be far from me to rank her anywhere near a real band like Iron Maiden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:37 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

(not having heard anything by Iron Maiden, I can't debate their musicianship)

Singers are just as much musicians as anyone else. I don't remember if she plays guitar or not. (doesn't matter too much) Someone who makes a career out of their voice has to keep it in good condition, has to use it regularly, and has to know how to use it to make good sounds.

Personally, I've only heard "Girlfriend," and while it's annoying after a while because it gets stuck in my head, it's a good song to jump around to.

It's a smart duck....watch it do math..........o.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:11 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Smart Duck wrote:
(not having heard anything by Iron Maiden, I can't debate their musicianship)

Singers are just as much musicians as anyone else. I don't remember if she plays guitar or not. (doesn't matter too much) Someone who makes a career out of their voice has to keep it in good condition, has to use it regularly, and has to know how to use it to make good sounds.

Personally, I've only heard "Girlfriend," and while it's annoying after a while because it gets stuck in my head, it's a good song to jump around to.

No, singers are just vocalists... they are not musicians. There's a thick line dividing the two. If you just sing, and your instrument isn't attached to a large part of your music then you aren't a musician. Learning an instrument takes time and talent and I wouldn't give that credit to someone who can only strum a few chords.

Post subject: Re: Avril Lavigne
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I had a period about nearly two years ago now I guess where I really really liked her. Now I'm really embarrassed to think that I liked her and try not to mention it as I usually get mocked. :oops: Yet I do still really like some of her songs.

It's seems odd to me though that fairly recently she's been going on about how much she's grown up and matured, having posh photoshoots and the like yet she seems to have gone rather backwards a bit with this new album a bit. I can't stand 'Girlfriend' and the tired old 'Sk8er Boi' image she's hauling out. I just think it's a shame that after Under My Skin where it looked like she was becoming more serious she releases...'The Best Damn Thing' - I think not Avril, I think not. :P

She does have a decent voice when she puts it to work though!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The song is hilarious in Mandarin.
Look for it on YouTube. I can't link it because the f-word's in the song.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:36 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

DM was on fire! wrote:
The song is hilarious in Mandarin.
Look for it on YouTube. I can't link it because the f-word's in the song.

:lol: It is hillarous, though the entire song isn't in Mandarin. It's just the main chorus.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I think avril has really grown up and that little part of maturity suits her.
She does look alot better with the blonde hair and I cant wait to see what she comes up with next as her albums change alot each and every time She is relly diversifing herself.

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

ellamcumber wrote:
She does look alot better with the blonde hair and I cant wait to see what she comes up with next as her albums change alot each and every time She is relly diversifing herself.

Yea true. I think later on in the future she's going to try to rap like Nelly Furtado did in her new album.

Set made by YesItIsh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kidwaiy wrote:
ellamcumber wrote:

Yea true. I think later on in the future she's going to try to rap like Nelly Furtado did in her new album.

ye, i do have that feeling she would do something similar to nelly furtado but avril to me seems like the type of person who always wants to be original and who wants to do something different, yet try new things for herself.

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think she could beat me up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4