Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Have any of you guys heard it?

I thought that although they've not gone with the kinda crazy punk-ness they normally do, I still really enjoyed the album.

I really love the first single they've brought out from the album, I think it's a fab extraveganza where they've varied the songs tempo and beats to mix really well.

The song Cancer really got to me... but I think it was more the lyrical content that I didn't like rather than the song itself.Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I havent heard it. i'd guessed you liked it thought as everytime i see you on msn its on your playing now thing :P Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Unfortunately, I really despise MCR.

I do like their whole "Black Parade" concept, but I just don't think the song is catchy or lyrically as up to par as their last songs were.

I certainly won't be buying this album.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:43 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

i think i have only heard one song on their new cd. i'm not a huge fan of my chemical romance, but i do love their song to the end, i'm not okay, and helena ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:46 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I don't really like MCR. I'm quite happy they kinda strayed away from the whole emoness though. Their newer music is much better then the old stuff. Still not what I like to listen too though.

IDB Supermod and Rater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:11 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Completely awesome .. loved loved loved it all!

Best songs off the album are:

1) The Sharpest Lives
2) The Black Parade
3) This is how I disappear
4) Famous Last Words

Now in my opinion, the whole album is good but those 4 are the ones I absolutley adore .. kudos MCR on a job well done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Haven't heard the new album yet, but since it's getting such good reviews I'll probably borrow it from somebody...

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:07 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yes yes yes ... get it! I seriously can't stop listening to it, lol. I have it in my car and when I'm in my room, it is all I listen to.

I have all 3 MCR cd's and this one is just as great as the last 2, awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PTP wrote:
Yes yes yes ... get it! I seriously can't stop listening to it, lol. I have it in my car and when I'm in my room, it is all I listen to.

I have all 3 MCR cd's and this one is just as great as the last 2, awesome!

In Scotland, you can get a 4th album...
Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge (2004)
The Black Parade (2006)
Life On The Murder Scene (2006)
I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love (2002)

Life on the Murder Scene is basically a live version of Three Cheers... it totally rox my sox <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:42 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I saw their show they day their album came out!!! I'm psyched because it was the first show I went to in 7 years; so just going to a rock show was awesome. What sucked was that it took 3 hours for the show to start, and that MCR played about as many songs as the opening act did.

I was always somewhat a fan of MCR, but my friend got me back into them when the Black Parade came out, and since I heard the album I can't get enough. I'm not crazy about bands who are MTV/TRL-ish, but if their music is good, I just let it go.

Oh, and Cancer is such a good song, but so sad, when he says 'know that I will never marry'. :(

~Set by moogie~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:22 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

My daughter and I saw their show in Chicago 2 weeks ago and are going to see them again in about a month. We stood outside in the rain 3-1/2 hours to get a seat. And what a fantastic night it was. Not only was the band just totally awesome, but we connected with the people in front of us in line. Two single parents with kids the exact age at my daughter. None of us knew each other before we got in that line. But, by the end of the concert, my daughter and the two other girls acted like they were sisters. And we parents hit it off so well that we exchanged addresses, phone numbers and are all getting together for the next concert. My daughter says that that is the way it is with My Chemical Romance fans: an MCR fan can make friends with anyone else who is a MCR fan. I have to say that, for enduring three hours of cold pouring rain, without umbrellas, mind you, the crowd was the sweetest, most peaceful group of people I have ever seen.

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Morningstar wrote:
My daughter and I saw their show in Chicago 2 weeks ago and are going to see them again in about a month. We stood outside in the rain 3-1/2 hours to get a seat. And what a fantastic night it was. Not only was the band just totally awesome, but we connected with the people in front of us in line. Two single parents with kids the exact age at my daughter. None of us knew each other before we got in that line. But, by the end of the concert, my daughter and the two other girls acted like they were sisters. And we parents hit it off so well that we exchanged addresses, phone numbers and are all getting together for the next concert. My daughter says that that is the way it is with My Chemical Romance fans: an MCR fan can make friends with anyone else who is a MCR fan. I have to say that, for enduring three hours of cold pouring rain, without umbrellas, mind you, the crowd was the sweetest, most peaceful group of people I have ever seen.

Exactly! Thats how it was for me too. Everyone was so nice. I made a new friend while waiting in line after just talking for a few minutes. Another example was the ID problem.. We needed ID to get in, and a girl in line didn't have ID, so a guy in front of us said that if she wants, he'll tell them that she is his cousin. It didn't play out like it, but it was really sweet of someone helping a stranger.
And its true that MCR fans are sweet, but not when the mosh pits start comming in. It gets pretty violent.

~Set by moogie~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:20 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Shifty, you are right about that mosh pit. One of the girls we were with was wearing a scarf. It got pulled, she fell to the floor and was kicked in the head. Poor thing. I don't think it was done maliciously. Just that people were getting so excited about the songs. Luckily, the girl was OK and upset that she was in the back room with security instead of watching the band. A true fan, eh?

By the way, I love the album. I am into this type of music almost as much as my daughter. I grew up on punk/alternative/indy, so naturally I would continue to love it as I got older. That's what was so great about meeting the 2 other parents at the concert. We were into the music as much as our kids. Good music really has no age boundaries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:08 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Ew please, Gerard's new hairdo makes him look like a cross between Lance Bass and a powdered doughnut. I'd like to find some real songmaking, not some random screaming-into-a-microphone-and-letting-guitars-drown-over-mediocre-singing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:07 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Tyrannitar wrote:
Ew please, Gerard's new hairdo makes him look like a cross between Lance Bass and a powdered doughnut. I'd like to find some real songmaking, not some random screaming-into-a-microphone-and-letting-guitars-drown-over-mediocre-singing.

Ah, I can remember some outrageous hairdos of both David Bowie and Elton John and none of those hairdos had any effect of their music. I can appreciate MCR's music. Do I think it as good as Pink Floyd or any of the truly great bands? No, but it doesn't mean I will dismiss it as bubblegum either.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]