Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: ''Forever In Our Hearts" a song created for the Tsunami
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
GODHEAD frontman Jason Miller has written a song about the tsunami tragedy and is currently assembling a group of musicians to record the song, with all proceeds from the recording to be donated to the relief funds.Commented Miller: "In the days after the tsunami hit the coasts of Southeast Asia, I like most people was glued to the television watching the horror unfold. I felt completely powerless. As the death toll continued to mount, and the threat of disease hovered, humanity reached out. I gave the maximum amount that I could afford, but I still felt like I had done nothing. Then, one morning, after a restless night trying to figure out what I could do, I wrote the song 'Forever In Our Hearts'. I am not a celebrity, but I do know quite a few, and I thought if I could get enough people interested in this song, maybe together we could raise more money and make more of a difference."

Jason has spent the past few days contacting friends and asking them to help reach to people and little by little the project is coming together.

"This is not about any one artist," said Miller. "This is about the whole music community coming together to help."

So far, Miller has received verbal confirmations from members of EVANESCENCE, JANE'S ADDICTION, 311, AVRIL LAVIGNE, PAPA ROACH, TRAPT, HOOBASTANK, and A PERFECT CIRCLE. Others are in the process of getting confirmed.

The song is currently being tracked at a Los Angeles studio and plans exist to complete the recording with a huge chorus recording by Sunday, January 23.

I think it's awesome they're doing a song for the victims of the Tsunami. When the single is released, I'll buy it for sure. It's great the so many artists are willing to help the vicitims of the Tsunami.

Go Ev!

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There's another tsunami aid single in the works- a cover of an Eric Clapton song, this time being organised by Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne. Slated performers so far are Gwen Stefani, Elton John, Rod Stewart, and Ozzy Osbourne.

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news/14124032

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:26 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yoshi wrote:
There's another tsunami aid single in the works- a cover of an Eric Clapton song, this time being organised by Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne. Slated performers so far are Gwen Stefani, Elton John, Rod Stewart, and Ozzy Osbourne.

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news/14124032

Ozzy Osbourne just ruins.... EVERYTHING.
But it is good that all these people are helping the Tsunami victims.

Set=Kitten Medli
Adam+Liz=<3
Liz: Well. That proves how good everyone's memories are.
Me: Well I have no memor........What did you just say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sounds absolutely nauseating, much like Band Aid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

"Tears in Heaven"? Nooooooo. I like that song. I support the cause, but..why? :( Isn't that song for Eric Clapton's son, who died? Pfft, it's like "Candle In The Wind" all over again.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]