Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Eisley
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:13 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Not sure if anybody's heard of them. They have a CD coming out February 8th. They were a small indie band from Tyler, Texas but recently toured with Coldplay. From what I can tell, they just might be the 'next big thing.'

The thing that impresses me about Eisley is that they are all so young and so talented. The oldest is in her early 20's, and one of the lead singers is barely 16. Their music is so intricately woven and very unique (at least, I think it is).

So yes, check them out, if you haven't heard of them - Eisley.com - and post what you think! I'd recommend visiting their "media player" first though, because those are newer songs. The site hasn't really been updated for two years, but it will be once the CD comes out, I'm guessing. But anyway, the main site has some of their older tunes, which are also really good, but the recordings aren't near as clean because they weren't recorded in a fancy studio.

Post subject: Re: Eisley
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Riddikulus wrote:
Not sure if anybody's heard of them. They have a CD coming out February 8th. They were a small indie band from Tyler, Texas but recently toured with Coldplay. From what I can tell, they just might be the 'next big thing.'

The thing that impresses me about Eisley is that they are all so young and so talented. The oldest is in her early 20's, and one of the lead singers is barely 16. Their music is so intricately woven and very unique (at least, I think it is).

So yes, check them out, if you haven't heard of them - Eisley.com - and post what you think! I'd recommend visiting their "media player" first though, because those are newer songs. The site hasn't really been updated for two years, but it will be once the CD comes out, I'm guessing. But anyway, the main site has some of their older tunes, which are also really good, but the recordings aren't near as clean because they weren't recorded in a fancy studio.

Wow. This song, "Old Blackened Crown", I think that's the name, is pretty good.
Has a sort of soft rock feel to it.
Very nice.

<robT> Name ONE thing that your windows comp can do that my MAC cant
<bawss> Right click.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:26 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Chao wrote:
Riddikulus wrote:

Very nice.

I love that song.. and can you believe the ages they were when they recorded/wrote it? 11, 13, 15, and 17. Amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:29 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Riddikulus wrote:
Chao wrote:
Riddikulus wrote:

Very nice.

I love that song.. and can you believe the ages they were when they recorded/wrote it? 11, 13, 15, and 17. Amazing.

They were that young? Impressive.
They've got some real talent.

<robT> Name ONE thing that your windows comp can do that my MAC cant
<bawss> Right click.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:04 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Chao wrote:
Riddikulus wrote:
Chao wrote:
Riddikulus wrote:

Very nice.

They were that young? Impressive.
They've got some real talent.

Yep, I'm keeping my eye on them so I can say that I loved them "back when.." :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I watched one of their videos and the song itself was okay. I don't necessarily think they'll be the next big thing but if they are, my hats off to them.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:42 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

CD out today! Anybody have it? Haha, doubt it, especially seeing as I don't even have it yet (haha, I need to get my license).. but yeah, I'd definitely recommend checking it out. Music videos can be found on Launch - and congrats go out to them, too, 'cause they won Launch's "Who's Next?" promotional thing. Yay! <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:47 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Their video Marvelous Things plays on TVU all the time. They kinda remind me of Sixpence None the Richer, the lead singer sounds A LOT like Leigh Nash.

They're pretty good, but the video for Marvelous Things kinda scares me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:53 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

hahah... I saw them a llloonnngggg time ago. Back when they were the local band from tyler texas.

Right now I'm saying, I knew them back in the day...

Yes... Very much so

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]