Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Tis an odd thing. *nods*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

How... moronic.

The bulk of the people who listen to Evanescence are teens. It's just a word. One little four letter word. Do parents honestly think that one little word is going to make their children grow up to be stripper or something? Chances are they already say it anyway.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dawn2 wrote:
How... moronic.

The bulk of the people who listen to Evanescence are teens. It's just a word. One little four letter word. Do parents honestly think that one little word is going to make their children grow up to be stripper or something? Chances are they already say it anyway.

Exactly. Obviously the parents thought they could take advantage of this and gain money. It's sad really, the song isn't even an Evanescence song.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:21 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I don't really like that song; but I think when I got another live recording of managed to hear the word. I think they're fussing over nothing again, like the Australian ---> Neopets thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:35 am 

Ammer wrote:
Dawn2 wrote:
How... moronic.

Exactly. Obviously the parents thought they could take advantage of this and gain money. It's sad really, the song isn't even an Evanescence song.

Sadly, my mom thought I was going to become a drunken gothic punk druggie just because I wanted a CD that had a few curse words on a song or two. It's kinda screwed up as I hear curse words play on TV, radio, and at school I hear kids say it everyday. Even I say the words. Now, am I am druken gothic punk druggie? No.

A stripper? No

Did it affect me? Well, besides the fact I know all the words it hasn't.

What people do for money these days is outrageous and pure stupidity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hey, this is stupid. I have a Braveheart CD my friend got for me... it had no label about cursing whatsoever, but in it there is a quote:

"Is your father a ghost, or do ye converse with the Almighty?"
"It's the only way I can find an Irishman of equal value to myself... Yes father! The good lord says, don't change the subject just answer the (f-word)ing question!"

Or something like that.
And I got no warning.
And I honestly DON'T CARE.
At ALL.

And I got it when I was twelve, thankee!
And saw the movie when I was eleven! (I think... no wait, I'd just turned twelve)

Plus they use the A-word on the CD too. And again, I. Don't. Care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:02 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Igg wrote:
Kitten Medli wrote:

Those words build up to more than,"one word" after a while, though.

I'm glad people are taking a stand on this. In this world, I'm surprised they didn't just let it go.

Sorry, but I just saw this post and it's absolutely hilarious. Sorry medli but...

At the end of the day they are WORDS and that's it. Nobody's going to go through their life without hearing them unless they're particularly reclusive and don't have a TV (or even radio in some cases...Elton John). You just have to accept that people are going to swear.

Sorry, it's funny, because from the post it seems like you think that swear words are contributing to the decline of today's society. 'In this world I'm surprised they didn't just let it go.'. Priceless.

I just care because they have meanings behind them.. it isn't like they're just random little words with no meaning. But I'm not going to continue to embarass myself. I rest my case.

Last edited by Kitten Medli on Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:43 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Eh, I don't see what the point of the whole lawsuit is. Of course the parents could be the type of people that shelter their kids from every possible "evil" in the world (I happen to know one >_>). The child would be more offended by curse words if she were secluded for her whole life which is just making things worse. Would you rather want a child walking around that barely thinks about the word or disregards it altogether when it's used or one that sits there plugs their ears and chants "This isn't a(n) [enter child's name] appropriate conversation." while rocking back and forth at the sound of "darn"? Eh, anyway, I'd say it's the parents fault anyway. If they can blame Walmart for not marking the f-word on this particular CD, then the parents weren't responsible enough to check out the CD before they bought it.

I've never met anyone that could tell me what "that" certain word really means in the context that it is used in. That's because if it ever had a meaning, it has dwindled to nothing but a sentence filler.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Kugetsu wrote:
Eh, I don't see what the point of the whole lawsuit is. Of course the parents could be the type of people that shelter their kids from every possible "evil" in the world (I happen to know one >_>). The child would be more offended by curse words if she were secluded for her whole life which is just making things worse. Would you rather want a child walking around that barely thinks about the word or disregards it altogether when it's used or one that sits there plugs their ears and chants "This isn't a(n) [enter child's name] appropriate conversation." while rocking back and forth at the sound of "darn"? Eh, anyway, I'd say it's the parents fault anyway. If they can blame Walmart for not marking the f-word on this particular CD, then the parents weren't responsible enough to check out the CD before they bought it.

I've never met anyone that could tell me what "that" certain word really means in the context that it is used in. That's because if it ever had a meaning, it has dwindled to nothing but a sentence filler.

Exactleh, man. I have a good friend who's mom shelters her a lot - for a while she wouldn't even let her read LOTR, although she WOUDL let her read Where The Red Fern Grows, which is about ten times more bloody, and Animal Farm (I love Animal farm, by the way. But ANYWAY.).

She's only JUST been allowed to watch PG-13 movies.. I've been allowed to watch those since.. I don't remember. The lable means Parental Guidance OR aged 13, not both... arrg.

An yeah, all right, while I know young kids shouldn't watch movies rated R a lot (*coughs... she's probably a young kid and is gonna try to rent Braveheart again this month*) cursing doesn't matter.

It's just words which people have decided, over the course of years, to be unspeakable.
I dunno why.
Well, okay, I figured out the D-word after watching that one movie on Darwin or something... But really, I see little point.
"smurf"ing them out on the forums is okay - I mean, it doesn't hurt me if someone on the forums cusses me out, but it makes me think they're a real jerk... the word smurf in there makes it so worthwhile. And so FUN!

But in music? I don't generally like songs with cursing in them, because they're usually rap or metal or punk or some sort of music I don't like anyway... but if other people like to listen to it, fine! Most of the kids at my school do, anyway. And Nobody, I mean NOBODY gets away with suing over a single word.

Because that could be my preciouss Braveheart CD.

Except... here, they get away with it because it's Wal-Mart. And Wal-mart is ebil, so they need some... sue-age. Hehe, sewage. But it's the principle of the thing, dern it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:30 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: PinkPT. Except when I'm not on PinkPT. No, wait. I'm confused.
Yes, Medli, I think most of us know what it means, but its been around since the begaining of time.

Sorry if I offened you, or brought this up, becaue I was the first one to quote you.

But, also, she's thirteen. Cursewords are a fact of life by now, and will be for a while.

With the exception of ultra-vilontent comedy(like Happy Tree Friends or South Park) I can watch, read, or listen to almost anything. Why? Because, these are going to be in my life for the rest of it. My parents don't to send me out into the world when I'm 18 and be over protected. I admit, my friends in my grade and I are really crude, and not just in curse words. Yes, we know what they all mean. But really, is a word that we here and use everday going to make us drop dead? No.

The album itself isn't overflowing with cursewords, its just one in one song. Compare that to a lot of rap music, or 80% of the music you will here apon entering Hot Topic. Not to shabby.

Lovely set by the equally lovely Silja!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:22 pm 

I think the whole lawsuit is driven by a parents natural instinc to keep their childeren "pure". The idea that their child now knows a swear takes away from the cute inocence of their childhood. Overall deep down this seems like a parent who dosn't want to accept the fact that their child is growing up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:13 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I think it's kind of stupid.. My mom is really overprotective, too. I only recently was able to see pg13 movies, and she throws a fit about the tiniest millimeter of skin showing between my shirt and pants. But back to Walmart..

The Moulin Rouge soundtrack has the b-word, and no warning. There are many cds that cuss without a warning label, and I'm sure Walmart sells them. If their daughter was like 8 or something I could understand it better. 13 though........

And I wish my parents would buy me good music... :P

It's a smart duck....watch it do math..........o.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:24 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Typical. Typical. Generally, people who start these type of lawsuits are bible thumpers, blinded by pride/whatever.

I'll start off by saying, I speak more french than most, but that is only around people I know will not mind.

If you look at the english language one hundred years ago, you'll see a different selection of "curse" words.

In you look in the english language one hundred years from now, what will you see?

Right now, however, the words that the law has laid down, should be respected, in my oppinion. Curse words are only "wrong" when offending someone. Letting a good old "smurf" word out actually feels good when smashing your toe into a wall, and no one is around, so how could that be wrong?

But it probably all boils down to the american consumer idiots.

In closing,

bah.

Yes... Very much so

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:12 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm 13, and my parents don't care, heck, I play Grand Theft Auto! And, they are just stupid, I say the f word, not alot, but enough. I don't say it in front of adults though :P But I live Canada, Home of The Cold, Land of the Hockey Players :P

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

my mate Sandi got so annoyed because a 5 year old across the street got GTA San Andreas before him! :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next