Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:16 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I think these people are doing their part to participate in the American way... "sue first, ask questions later." Rather than using the CD as an opportunity to talk to their child about their values, telling her what sort of language they deem to be inappropriate, and why some people might use that language (while explaining to her that it is impolite and not to be used by her, or whatever fits their own value system), they decided to get a lawyer. A word is a word (even if it's the f word) and it only has power if you let it. These people obviously think the f word has about 74 thousand dollars worth of power.

If these people had ridden the school bus with me when I was 13, they might have made me about 50 billion dollars richer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

OH NO! I heard the ..word!!! I want compensation..dude, it's the ...word, so like, it's not even worth that. A formal apology if they're lucky IMO.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:37 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm 13. I hear that word probably 15 times a day in school. My parents have heard it said in front of me, but you don't see us $74,000 richer now do you?

These parents need to suck it up. Little Cindy isn't going to be little much longer. She's going to hear it sometime, and it's better to expose her to the language adults use now before she gets shocked when she's part of the adult world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Lass wrote:
I'm 13. I hear that word probably 15 times a day in school. My parents have heard it said in front of me, but you don't see us $74,000 richer now do you?

These parents need to suck it up. Little Cindy isn't going to be little much longer. She's going to hear it sometime, and it's better to expose her to the language adults use now before she gets shocked when she's part of the adult world.

I'm 13. I use that word 15 times a day (and hear it a lot more).

And amen to what you said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:24 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
xP That girl's going to high school soon. :) I wonder if there will be a Supreme Court Case Mrs. Holierthanthou v. Every Child In High School :o[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well I'm going to hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yeah, I'm joining you Igg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:38 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

i_love_starburst wrote:
Yeah, I'm joining you Igg.

Save a space for me :D

Thanks for my sat Jade MWAH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

You can have the seat next to me with the spiky cushion. *nods*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Don't forget about me :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:41 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Angus Young wrote:
a cuss word is a big deal i lost an uncle to one :(

Aww that's too bad. I lost my grandma to a curse word. A giant hippopotamus came out of the ground and ate her. Something about people using a curse word too much.. :(

<center>Image
Pink line pwns all!
</center>
Image <-- Thanks Medli!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:22 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: PinkPT. Except when I'm not on PinkPT. No, wait. I'm confused.
Kitten Medli wrote:
Those words build up to more than,"one word" after a while, though.

Not really. I heard the F word for the first time when i was seven, and I didn't start using it until I was ten, and only rarely. I didn't even start using crap till I was nine.

I admit that I cursed a lot last year, and that I still do now. But I wasn't the result of build up.

Kitten Medli wrote:
I'm glad people are taking a stand on this. In this world, I'm surprised they didn't just let it go.

Why shoulnd't they? She probley hears it 30 times a day and uses it 15 times a day. I hear it that much, and I'm 12. I do think a sticker would be wise, but removing it from the shelves?

And save me a place in hell also, since I'm going also. Except I like to stand. The cushions are very comfy.

Lovely set by the equally lovely Silja!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kitten Medli wrote:

I'm glad people are taking a stand on this. In this world, I'm surprised they didn't just let it go.

Sorry, but I just saw this post and it's absolutely hilarious. Sorry medli but...

At the end of the day they are WORDS and that's it. Nobody's going to go through their life without hearing them unless they're particularly reclusive and don't have a TV (or even radio in some cases...Elton John). You just have to accept that people are going to swear.

Sorry, it's funny, because from the post it seems like you think that swear words are contributing to the decline of today's society. 'In this world I'm surprised they didn't just let it go.'. Priceless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:
Kitten Medli wrote:

Sorry, but I just saw this post and it's absolutely hilarious. Sorry medli but...

At the end of the day they are WORDS and that's it. Nobody's going to go through their life without hearing them unless they're particularly reclusive and don't have a TV (or even radio in some cases...Elton John). You just have to accept that people are going to swear.

Sorry, it's funny, because from the post it seems like you think that swear words are contributing to the decline of today's society. 'In this world I'm surprised they didn't just let it go.'. Priceless.

Teehee, Elton John. Can't beat his outbursts. RUDE VILE PIGS! And other stuff I cannot say here.

But anyway, I agree with you Igg. Swear words are always going to be around not matter what. They're just wasting their time actually taking a stand on it. They're not going to do anything. >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I guess as well, it boils down to... what's wrong with swearing? I mean really, what is actually WRONG with using swear words?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next