Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

i_love_starburst wrote:
werepup wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
Kevco wrote:
The Clarks: Been around for a while, but finally going mainstream. They have a cool official website that streams demos of their songs. Was just on David Letterman.
Hits: Hell on Wheels, Shimmy Low

Franz Ferdinad: I think this rocker might be German. Little available data.
Hits: Take me Out.

Keane: A trio of piono, lyrics, and drums. Came under VH1's radar about mid-summer. British music similar to Coldplay.
Hits: Somewhere Only We Know.

Franz Ferdinand are Scottish I do believe. o_O Anyhoo, they rule.

I love Keane. :D

Yeah he's Scots, he's been awarded lately, so he's been all over local news.
I love that video... hmm

Unless you are referring to Archduke Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand is not a "he" there is 4 of them in the group.

Woah there... slip of the tongue, and there's no need to jump down my throat.
Yes ok, they're a group. But the main point that I was making was that I liked their music.

Also there are a few bands like Dishwalla, I've heard from America, I hope they come over here and gig, cos I'd like to see them be the next big British thing.

Last edited by werepup on Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

werepup wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
werepup wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
Kevco wrote:
The Clarks: Been around for a while, but finally going mainstream. They have a cool official website that streams demos of their songs. Was just on David Letterman.

Keane: A trio of piono, lyrics, and drums. Came under VH1's radar about mid-summer. British music similar to Coldplay.

I love that video... hmm

Unless you are referring to Archduke Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand is not a "he" there is 4 of them in the group.

Yes ok, they're a group. But the main point that I was making was that I liked their music.

Also there are a few bands like Dishwalla, I've heard from America, I hope they come over here and gig, cos I'd like to see them be the next big Brittish thing.

calm down, I doubt Amy ment it the way you took it, it was probably a friendly correction. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: the petpet puddle, searching for pet matches. my gorgeous set is by _jaye_.
werepup wrote:
Also there are a few bands like Dishwalla, I've heard from America, I hope they come over here and gig, cos I'd like to see them be the next big Brittish thing.

dishwalla was a one-hit wonder here in the us, from what i could see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

cky182 wrote:
werepup wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
werepup wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
Kevco wrote:

I love that video... hmm

calm down, I doubt Amy ment it the way you took it, it was probably a friendly correction. :)

Yeah, I did, I'm sorry. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:35 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Kevco wrote:

Never heard of the Clarks.

Franz Ferdinand is a cool band. I saw their new vid and it isn't that bad.

Keane- i don't especially like. Their one song is too ballady.

Another good group is the Polyphonic spree. If you saw the vma's they were the group that had different colored ropes. They play sorta late 60's early 70-ish music.Also another quirky group. Just the wayi like it.

Mood:Sleepy x.x
Song of the Week:Ocean Breathes salty-By Modest Mouse

thank you vkceankraz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ahaha, yes, the Polyphonic Spree. Their group concept is cool, having 22 people and growing in their group- but their music I find a little weird. Dunno why.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:09 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Is it just me or do Polyphonic Spree have the same group concept that So Solid Crew once had? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:27 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Igg wrote:
Is it just me or do Polyphonic Spree have the same group concept that So Solid Crew once had? :P

*snort* I was going to say "I wonder what happened to them" and to be honest, I don't give a tiny knats bum 'oley. :roll:

There's a band who plays in Birmingham in England called Aurora. They're unsigned but they're absolutely amazing! They won a battle of the bands competition yesterday. Plus my boyfriend fronts them. He's brilliant and almost made me cry, I was that proud! :oops:

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:18 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I agree that [spunge] are absolutley brilliant, and thier drummer Jem is a really nice guy :)

Everybody should love Powder they are very cool and thier lives shows are amazing they have so many wierd props and costumes and I got a sock from them hehe

Thanks for my sat Jade MWAH!

Post subject: Re: Next Big Things!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Chibzter wrote:
What are some of your favorite singers/bands that not alot of people haveheard about?

My favorite rapper right now is The Streets( i know the name is plural but it is only one singer/rapper). The Streets is a white british rapper. He's not all about beats ad half naked woman. I think he's mostly about the music. Takes about 3 listens to one of his songs bfore you can begin to really like it.

Another more known band is the hives. They are just quirky and i love quirky muscians. "walk idiot walk" is a great song.

Lol i was gonna say the same thing...and also Keane and Frou Frou. But i think most people heard of the last 2

Lovely Set By _jaye_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:21 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Most people where I live have heard of Keane. I've become obsessed by their song Bedshaped, it's really good. And catchy.

Image Image
Amazing set by Shadowfare, go get one ;) / Check out the cool iPod, thanks to Amethyst

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Raze wrote:
Most people where I live have heard of Keane. I've become obsessed by their song Bedshaped, it's really good. And catchy.

That's quickly turning into one of my ultimate favourite songs. :D I love it, I can't get enough of it. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

floella_de_ville wrote:
I agree that [spunge] are absolutley brilliant, and thier drummer Jem is a really nice guy :)

Everybody should love Powder they are very cool and thier lives shows are amazing they have so many wierd props and costumes and I got a sock from them hehe

you seriously are one of the coolest members on here :) Amy is still my favourite member, obviously
I've met Jem, Alex and Des (they signed my CD back in Feb this year) and I got a reply to an email I sent Alex so thumbs up for [spunge]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:45 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

cky182 wrote:
floella_de_ville wrote:

you seriously are one of the coolest members on here :) Amy is still my favourite member, obviously
I've met Jem, Alex and Des (they signed my CD back in Feb this year) and I got a reply to an email I sent Alex so thumbs up for [spunge]

Thankyou CKY :)
I first met them all at distortion.
hehe Alex doesn't like me I was really drunk and annoying him while he was DJ ing once. Twas very funny though
Last time I went to see [spunge] my dad locked his keys in his car and Jem chatted with us while we waited for my dad to break into his car.

Thanks for my sat Jade MWAH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Depending on where on this fine earth you may hail from, you may or may not have heard of the phenominal musicians The Tragically Hip or the ultra cool Jack Johnson.

The Hip are big in North of the 49th parallel and Johnson has pockets of fame around North America, but I don't think he's quite hit "mainstream" yet.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next