Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I love Blink! If anyone knows where I can find a copy of the Mark, Tom, and Travis show any help would be much appreciated. I put off picking one up forever, and now it seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. :-/

Random Trivia: I have a huge crush on Mark. He has such a great voice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yup, Blink are my favourite band. *is obsessed with them* I currently have over 40 posters of them. *grin* I also had to get a guitar just like Tom's of course, to go with all the guitar books for Blink albums. :lol: I'm trying to get all the singles they have ever released. Just to complete my collection of CDs by them. The DVDs rule too. ^_^ *has to own everything to do with Blink*

Oh and atomicblonde I don't blame you for having a crush on Mark. He's my favourite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I like blink182, but they are not my fave band. I also like good charlotte. Is mark the lead singer???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Twitchy wrote:
I like blink182, but they are not my fave band. I also like good charlotte. Is mark the lead singer???

No, well, Mark and Tom both sing on different songs, they tend to share vocal duties, just on different songs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:55 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

blink-182 is one of my two favorite bands, tied with Propagandhi. I have every single album of theirs, I have the DVDs, I can sing along with every single song, I can play alot of their songs on guitar, I have a bunch of posters of them... I'm a bit obsessed. The radio doesn't ruin it for me, I don't listen to the radio. blink-182 has the exact type of humor that appeals to me, so I'd love to meet the guys, especially Tom because he's one of my guitar heros. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:47 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

i love blink-182 i loved heard it through the grapevine proud mary and have you ever seen the rain? those are great songs...wait thats creedence clearwater revival i guess i dont like them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:56 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I must say, bands like blink 182 and good charlotte are rather contrived, studio made and fake.

They fit into this new 'we're rebellious, WITH THE CROWD!' thing that seems popular.

I prefer music with true talent and thought behind it. I guarntee it's not hard to play any blink182 number....

Can the same be said of some of the master pieces written by the likes of pink floyd?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

t3h_Fergus wrote:
I must say, bands like blink 182 and good charlotte are rather contrived, studio made and fake.

They fit into this new 'we're rebellious, WITH THE CROWD!' thing that seems popular.

I prefer music with true talent and thought behind it. I guarntee it's not hard to play any blink182 number....

Can the same be said of some of the master pieces written by the likes of pink floyd?

I wouldn't say that about Blink. Don't know about Good Charlotte, can't say I'm a fan. -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:55 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

t3h_Fergus wrote:

I wouldn't say Blink were fake exactly, not like Good Charlotte. Now Good Charlotte, I agree, are fake. Pop dressed as punk. Sure, it may not be hard to play some of their songs, but then again, thats what makes some of their songs so good. Not everyone wants to listen to the most complex piece of guitar music ever made.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes I'll be in the mood for some Metallica riffs, perhaps a bit of Muse guitar madness, but Blink are ideal for just chilling while driving, for example. Their older stuff that is, their new stuff, as I have previously mentioned, isn't all that great in my opinion.

Final point: no, the same cannot be said about master pieces written by the likes of Pink Floyd, but I'm sure the Blink boys would be the first to admit that they did not set out to make master pieces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I like blink-182, quite abit.

I have all their albums (yes, even the Flyswatter demo tape :D ) and both DVD's, AND I'm going to see them in December :D *chuffed*

oh yes!! 123 days till I see them, live :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

cky182 wrote:

I have all their albums (yes, even the Flyswatter demo tape :D ) and both DVD's, AND I'm going to see them in December :D *chuffed*

You had to boast about that didn't you. I should have expected no less from you. :P

*is not going to see them*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

i_love_starburst wrote:
cky182 wrote:

You had to boast about that didn't you. I should have expected no less from you. :P

yes, yes I did. It's not my fault I have the demo tape 0:) and I'm going to see them. Hang on, yes it is. :D

Anyway, I'm moving onto a huge Green Day phase right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

cky182 wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
cky182 wrote:

yes, yes I did. It's not my fault I have the demo tape 0:) and I'm going to see them. Hang on, yes it is. :D

Anyway, I'm moving onto a huge Green Day phase right now.

And don't I know it. :P Well..umm...you don't have the umm...umm....books for guitar. Lol. I'm always going to prefer Blink to Green Day, Green Day are always going to be just behind Blink in my musical preferences. Just don't mention Franz Ferdinand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I like Green Day just as much as blink-182, and as much as CKY. Oh maybe I don't have the guitar books, but I have flyswatter.

And yes, we won't get started of Franz Ferdinand... the name has been said twice now. 3x too many times in any topic. Let alone a blink-182 thread. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:00 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Oh, I find it easy to chill out to pink floyd.

Calming master minds.

Sorry, it's just 182 and the like have all been done before, and are being done but countless other bands currently... Well, that's what I think anyway ^^ Mind you, I like Aphex Twin and Infected Mushroom so I'm probably a bit wierd anyway.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next