Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:39 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
Fishblade_Bluestream wrote:
Aw, c'mon, a 13-year-old? 13-year-olds REGULARLY use that word nowadays! >_<

Hahaha...that's crazy. Some people are far too protective over their kids and what they hear now. It's just a word, it's not that bad. Besides, when I was a kid my dad would say that word regularly and I never used it when I was a wee child. O__O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:13 pm 

My friend told me about this this yesterday.

The sad thing is that I live in Maryland. But still, I don't think a cuss word is going to damage the souls of ther children. At seven, I could careless if my mom cussed my Cat out. (Which she didn't, but I'm saying.)

Did they have to sue Walmart? No. They easilly could of went back, and made a complain or informed them of their mistake of not editing the CD.

Besides, wouldn't Walmart only edit the CD is the original had a Advisory/Warning on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:16 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

fzun wrote:
I think it's stupid to sue Walmart for not censoring one word. I mean geez, one curse word your children's brains are going to be scared forever *rolls eyes* they need to get over it. It's not like their kids don't hear those words anyways.

And it's certainly nothing to sue over either, in my opinion.

They're supossed to stick warning labels on CDs, but Wind-Up Records refused to. Now, I can't listen to Evanescence ever again.

Ziggy wrote:
My opinion: The f-word doesn't belong in Evanescence's songs anyway.

Amen, Ziggy, amen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

AFI_Sorrow wrote:

Hahaha...that's crazy. Some people are far too protective over their kids and what they hear now. It's just a word, it's not that bad. Besides, when I was a kid my dad would say that word regularly and I never used it when I was a wee child. O__O

I know, same here. I don't think people give kids any credit, think they are stupid, and when they hear a certain word, they'll use it immediately. Woah, big deal, a swear word. Kids are exposed to swear words all the time, what difference does a swear word on a song make? *shakes head*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:05 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

i_love_starburst wrote:
AFI_Sorrow wrote:

I know, same here. I don't think people give kids any credit, think they are stupid, and when they hear a certain word, they'll use it immediately. Woah, big deal, a swear word. Kids are exposed to swear words all the time, what difference does a swear word on a song make? *shakes head*

a cuss word is a big deal i lost an uncle to one :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Angus Young wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
AFI_Sorrow wrote:

Sorry to hear that. But please don't take this the wrong way but sueing over a cuss word is stupid. Why not sue over rap albums? Why now? Why this album?

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, presumably why now and this album is because they were required to give a parental advisory and they did not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:08 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Ammer wrote:
Angus Young wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
AFI_Sorrow wrote:

Sorry to hear that. But please don't take this the wrong way but sueing over a cuss word is stupid. Why not sue over rap albums? Why now? Why this album?

lol i was kidding ammer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:11 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Angus Young wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
AFI_Sorrow wrote:

Eh? How'd that happen? Not that I'm happy or anything, just a bit confused...O_x

And I have to agree with i_love_starburst... People nowadays are so arrogant that they think that children under the age of 18 know nothing. It's like when Nickeloden UK (I think, not completely sure) cut out the part in that one Spongebob episode where Squidward was caught in a gas explosion because they thought kids would drop a match into a puddle of gas. Seriously, how many kids have matches and gasoline just lying around? O_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:44 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ammer wrote:
Angus Young wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
AFI_Sorrow wrote:

Maybe because rap albums have warning labels on them.

Anyways, this parent is way too over-protective. This thing reminds me of the lawsuit where an elderly woman made millions over spilt coffee from McDonald's.

(Signature in process)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:29 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Oh come on. I'm thirteen and I hear that word ALL THE TIME, either on the internet, on TV, from my brother, or at school. In all honesty, I've even said it once or twice. One freaking swear word isn't going to obliterate the child's innocent mind. Besides, they're just gonna hear it later in life.

jellyoflight wrote:
"f this, f that, go f the f ing goldfish"

Best quote ever. :roflol:

Zero set 13 of 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Angus Young wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
AFI_Sorrow wrote:

Eh? How'd that happen? Not that I'm happy or anything, just a bit confused...O_x

And I have to agree with i_love_starburst... People nowadays are so arrogant that they think that children under the age of 18 know nothing. It's like when Nickeloden UK (I think, not completely sure) cut out the part in that one Spongebob episode where Squidward was caught in a gas explosion because they thought kids would drop a match into a puddle of gas. Seriously, how many kids have matches and gasoline just lying around? O_O

Oh they didn't do that, did they? Sheesh, well it's not the kids that are the idiots, it's them. :/

Angus Young wrote:
Ammer wrote:
Angus Young wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
AFI_Sorrow wrote:

lol i was kidding ammer

I think you alienated some people with your humour. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:08 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I always do that Starburst :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My opinion? They wanted money, nuff said. They probably didn't really care about the word itself. I'm sure they didn't specifically go to Wal Mart to buy an edited version of the CD. Edited CDs at Wal Mart have a sticker on the front saying that they're edited. If they're daughter had wanted the CD bad enough, and Wal Mart didn't have it, they would have gone to a CD store and bought it. The difference is, things are usually cheaper at Wal Mart.
So they went to Wal Mart to buy the CD, not because they wanted to make sure they got an edited one (if that was their intention, they would have looked for the 'edited' sticker on it), but because they wanted it a little cheaper.
So then they listened to it and heard the offending word. Which normally wouldn't have bothered them. But then it dawned on them "Hey.. this came from Wal Mart... doesn't Wal Mart usually edit this stuff out of CDs? Let's sue!"
Like, the other night, at the end of Saturday Night Life, Colin Farrell used the S word and they cut it off really fast. The S word doesn't bother me, I use it myself, but I still stared at the TV, and then looked at my brother and said "Did you hear that?" Because even though it didn't bother me, it was still in a place it wasn't supposed to be. But I'm not going to sue over it. **rolls eyes**

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Angus Young wrote:
I always do that Starburst :(

Awwww...me too, you're not alone. :) I make random weird comments, and people get offended by them, when I'm joking. :(

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next