Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Lindsay Lohan
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Has anyone seen her new video for the song 'Rumors'? I don't hate it because Lindsay Lohan is well, nice, but she is way in over her head. However, I like the song (Ha, Xil) however she cannot sing for crap. The whole song was basically computerized and if she sings live *shudders*. It would be worse than Ashlee Simpson performing live.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I thought it was a bad idea for her to come out with a song now i feel even more so. Like what you said Ammer she can't sing for crap. UGH! Why must all the actors think they can sing?? Plus, her song sounds like a Britney Spears song.

Lovely Set By _jaye_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

shortin wrote:
I thought it was a bad idea for her to come out with a song now i feel even more so. Like what you said Ammer she can't sing for crap. UGH! Why must all the actors think they can sing?? Plus, her song sounds like a Britney Spears song.

I think her music video Rumours would sound like Britney Spears my prerogative since they were both directed by the same person. And i agree they look the same.

Image Set-poala

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I must admit that song's pretty good in regards to the hook- but yeah, all computerised. In her other, older song, "Drama Queen (That Girl)", she doesn't showcase her voice well either. However, the only "good" thing about "Rumors" is that Lindsay actually put the effort out to write it.

I found it kinda strange how her video turned out, it's so unlike what you usually see from her. But hey, that's Jake Nava's directing for you.

(Ugh to American spelling. Rumours...with a u! ;P)

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Blk Mage wrote:
I think her music video Rumours would sound like Britney Spears my prerogative since they were both directed by the same person. And i agree they look the same.

It sounds EXACTLY like Britneys song... Looks the same too. Notice how they both have the warnings for the flashing lights...

And as for Lindsey Lohan being 'nice'.... Now thats just a rumor.

~Set by moogie~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: in the past, the present and longing for the future
Yea that video does remind me of Britney's videos. The song is okay, but the video isn't really... and my respect for her is dropping now... (uh... I thought she was pretty much okay before). She seemed to have changed so much.

I think it's her movements that reminds me of Britney. :roll:

memories of yesterday; because you've left me at the beginning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The only Lohan song I can honestly say I really like was "Ultimate" from Freaky Friday. :oops:

I don't care that her voice does sound like it's run through a computer at some points...in all honesty I think that works in some songs. I just like the whole package.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:49 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Heres wht i think. Musicians should stay in music and actors should stay in ating. I really thought lindsay was cool but now i just think she's dumb. And i think its really duumb that people actually reallly reallly like the song.

Mood:Sleepy x.x
Song of the Week:Ocean Breathes salty-By Modest Mouse

thank you vkceankraz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:35 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Hate the song, hate the video, hate her. I don't think she has any talent, singing OR acting. She's a bit snobbish too.

And... how do I put this without sounding sick... you know the part where she's walking down that hallway thing? Can anyone say fake? It looks like she's going to have a "costume malfunction."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Chibzter wrote:
Heres wht i think. Musicians should stay in music and actors should stay in ating. I really thought lindsay was cool but now i just think she's dumb. And i think its really duumb that people actually reallly reallly like the song.

So what does that say for musical movies like Chicago, Moulin Rouge, Grease etc where both acting AND singing are a requirement? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:32 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Chibzter wrote:
And i think its really duumb that people actually reallly reallly like the song.

Everyone has the right to an opinion. And just because someone has made it big in the acting industry, it doesn't mean that they are talentless in other genres. There are such things as "all-rounders". Me for one. And that comment insulted me in a round about way.

As for Lindsay Lohan, I've never head her song but I do think she's a very talented actress. I did hear one of her tracks from "Freaky Friday" and I did like it strangely enough. :battar:

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:57 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Cyanna wrote:
Chibzter wrote:

So what does that say for musical movies like Chicago, Moulin Rouge, Grease etc where both acting AND singing are a requirement? ;)
Well you have a point about that. But actually in Moulin Rouge and Chicago some of the actors weren't singing they were lip singing and a singer actually sang it for them.

Quote:
Everyone has the right to an opinion. And just because someone has made it big in the acting industry, it doesn't mean that they are talentless in other genres. There are such things as "all-rounders". Me for one. And that comment insulted me in a round about way.

As for Lindsay Lohan, I've never head her song but I do think she's a very talented actress. I did hear one of her tracks from "Freaky Friday" and I did like it strangely enough
Yes you're right everyone does have their opinion and that was mine. But what you're not understanding is that everyone switching genres aren't exactly welll rounded. For sme the only reason why they do this is cause they know they're already popular so they think they will get even more popular or get more money by going into a different business.And it seems to me ths changing genre's thin is somewhat recent. From like 98 to now its been a really big thing to start other business..like clothing lines and other stupid stuff just to get more money.

Mood:Sleepy x.x
Song of the Week:Ocean Breathes salty-By Modest Mouse

thank you vkceankraz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Chibzter wrote:
For sme the only reason why they do this is cause they know they're already popular so they think they will get even more popular or get more money by going into a different business.And it seems to me ths changing genre's thin is somewhat recent. From like 98 to now its been a really big thing to start other business..like clothing lines and other stupid stuff just to get more money.

I don't want to sound rude but 'Duh'. If you're a singer/actor/etc... and you want to make more money, you'll try and go into another type of business. Lindsay Lohan, Hilary Duff, Ashlee Simpson, P. Diddy, etc... all of these people are trying to make more money and it's working for them. Do not sit there and tell me you wouldn't go into acting/singing/designing if you could make more money. I would.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Cyanna wrote:
The only Lohan song I can honestly say I really like was "Ultimate" from Freaky Friday. :oops:

Same.
But I dislike this song... because it sounds so... synthesized. I dislike her as well, because I don't like the person she has become. I suppose I'm still stuck in the "The Parent Trap" days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I really don't like the woman. Girl. It. Whatever. :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next