Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Music Attitude
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:20 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I find that certain people, don't know crap about different music genres. They think that the only music they listen to whether it be rap, rock, country etc.. is just the shiznit.(Excuse me... :P ) Every type of music has it's own good qualities, and should be given a chance.

Rap- Most old singers talk about hard life, living in the project's, having to deal being segregated against. If you've ever heard of Tupac, he's the one most people remember about rap music. Rap is not all cussing and talking about women taking their clothes of you know.

Punk/Rock- I find that most rock people sing about being anarchist's and rebels. How they don't care what people think about them, and being they're own person. Which I find to be very sexy. Most of the old bands(Gun's N Roses, Sublime...Im not a rock expert) also sing about hard times like rappers.

Country- Now country singers sing about hard times aswell.(Doesn't everybody?) They sing about a whole nother type of hardship. Im not a country fan, but I like most songs by country singers. I like how most of them don't talk and put down women.

Please tell me if you disagree of agree. And feel free to add something to my list, if I forgot something. :)

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I love all genres (Not country -- that much). But here is my list:

Rap: Most rappers talk about the reality of life. More than rock artists (As I've found) and most likely, more than any other genre. They're the most "Down to Earth". Most lyrics are usually written by the artist.

Rock/Gothic Rock/Alternative Rock/etc...: This genre usually talks about reality as well. However, I feel like it doesn't talk as much about reality as Rap does. Rock songs usually talk about standing up for yourself, being your own person or in some cases depression. Most lyrics are usually written by the artists.

Pop: This is the happy genre. It talks about happy things. It can also talk about sad things and when it does, boy is it sad (Literally). The pop genre can make anyone's mood better because it has a nice up beat to it. However, rarely lyrics are written by the artist.

Hip-Hop/R&B: This is the more in-between genre. It talks about everything. I personally love it. It can be happier than pop and much more sadder. It has nice beats and the music is usually written by the artist however they're some cases when it isn't.

Techno: This is the confused genre to me. It's a mixture of R&B/Grunge/Pop all in one. It's nice to listen too when you want to be motivated.

Country: This genre helps soothe you. It has its own style and it has its own way of touching others. Country shines on its happy songs.

That's all genre's as of this moment I can think of.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:36 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Okay i may ave to disagree with you about a couple of things.

Rap- I like rap...don't get me wrong. But Alot of the new stuff is about taking womens clothes off and getting money and other stuff like that. That are only a selct few of rappers that somehwta have a positive message. Example- Jay, Kanye, Talib Kweli, Outkast..

Remember this is my opinion

Indie Rock & Lo-FiThis genre of music is growing very quickly. Some artists from this genre is Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, and Modest Mouse. I like this genre because it isn't emo but it isn't hard rock. It sorta like quirky rock. They Put alot of their personality into their music so they don't sound like other groups.

Post Punk, Pre Punk- As you can see this isn't exactly Punk; nd when i saw punk i mean 2004's artist punk. Pre Punk would be like the Ramones and Post Punk would be the strokes and the vines. I like Pre Punk cause its got that 80's feel of music . And Post Punk because the singer's voice is more mellowish but they can also rock.

Mood:Sleepy x.x
Song of the Week:Ocean Breathes salty-By Modest Mouse

thank you vkceankraz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I like to listen to different genres of music, I like The Corrs, Green Day, The Clash, R.E.M, Muse, The Distillers, Red Hot Chili Peppers, (early and recent stuff) Franz Ferdinand, Beastie Boys, Kate Bush, Gwen Stefani, No Doubt, Eric Bibb, Robert Cray and so on. Though I'll admit I don't really like rap, therefore I don't know much about it. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:30 pm 

Chibzter wrote:
Rap- I like rap...don't get me wrong. But Alot of the new stuff is about taking womens clothes off and getting money and other stuff like that. That are only a selct few of rappers that somehwta have a positive message. Example- Jay, Kanye, Talib Kweli, Outkast..

I agree with this morsel. And I love the rappers listed, along with Sweatshop Union, BlackStar and Jean Grae.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]