Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

The Darkness

Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:21 am

So I've seen the videos for the major singles from this band. Has anyone bought the record? I'm wondering if I should shell out the money for it. Frankly, I feel I should support anyone with enough guts to wear the Peter Frampton-esque unitards, but does the rest of the album match the quality of the singles?

Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:29 am

I'm getting the feeling they are being over-hyped, they aren't that dang fantastic (plus their pants scare me). I haven't got the album but I wouldnt need to if I wanted too because the music channels blast out his voice all day.

Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:55 pm

my little brother got it he doesnt listen to it anymore buy an ac/dc album with your money :D

Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:41 am

Eh, its not woth shelling out near 20 bucks for. Plus his voice just gets very annoying after listening for a while...darn british bands trying to take over U.S. record sales :roll:

Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:18 am

I dunno there first single is the only song of theres i heard from them.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:06 am

Wow, I've never even heard of them, but one of my friends just got back from their concert. Said they enjoyed it very much!

Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:14 am

Articfox wrote:Eh, its not woth shelling out near 20 bucks for. Plus his voice just gets very annoying after listening for a while...darn british bands trying to take over U.S. record sales :roll:

Yeah. Honestly, morons like Paul McCartney revolutionizing music. What was he thinking anyways.

I don't know if I can buy anymore AC/DC albums though. I think I've sucked that well dry. 8)

Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:05 am

coming2atvnearu wrote:
Articfox wrote:Eh, its not woth shelling out near 20 bucks for. Plus his voice just gets very annoying after listening for a while...darn british bands trying to take over U.S. record sales :roll:

Yeah. Honestly, morons like Paul McCartney revolutionizing music. What was he thinking anyways.

I don't know if I can buy anymore AC/DC albums though. I think I've sucked that well dry. 8)

Paul McCartney solo... avoid at all costs. *twitch*

Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:16 am

Igg wrote:
coming2atvnearu wrote:

That's okay. George was my favourite anyway.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:24 am

SpiraLethe wrote:
Igg wrote:
coming2atvnearu wrote:

What about the mighty Ringo?

Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:42 am

I got their album and it's alright.
Not sure about the 2nd song on there and there is only 10 songs.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:47 am

Igg wrote:
SpiraLethe wrote:
Igg wrote:
coming2atvnearu wrote:

Yeah! He did Thomas the tank engine!

Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:19 pm

Please, for your own sake, avoid The Darkness. :P

Christopher wrote:
Igg wrote:
SpiraLethe wrote:
Igg wrote:
coming2atvnearu wrote:

Yeah! He did Thomas the tank engine!

Ringo rules. He just narrowly beats George to be my favourite. ^_^

Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:21 pm

I absolutley love the darkness!
I saw them supporting Alice Cooper before they got famous and loved them ever since.
Their album is definatly one of the best cds I bought last year.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:22 pm

I don't know who they are even but I don't care who it is I wouldn't buy a cd for 20 dollors...
Topic locked