Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

*Favourite Vocalists? - [best voices in music]

Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:15 am

i was wondering, who are your favourite singers based on their singing ability?
why base it on their singing ability you ask? well... they ARE singers.

in my opinion is
Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston
they have heavenly voices of angels

Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:42 am

Romi Park. Dear God this woman has an ASTOUNDING voice. She can sing practically anything and make it sound fantastic, although she does particularly well with jazz.

Origa is also insanely talented. I love her techno-y stuff from Ghost in the Shell, but her voice also works very well with softer music too. And her accent is just drool-worthy <3

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:26 am

Rachael Lampa. I know no one's heard of her, but she's amazing. She's a Christian artist, and I never get tired of her songs.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:05 pm

^ I know her. :3

I..I don't know. But I guess I really like Jeremy Camp and Jason Roy from the band Building 429.

As for females, the girls in Barlowgirl are great.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:53 pm

Antony, Mozza

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:58 pm

Lissa Schneckenburger. She is like, my idol. She is absolutely amazing. I <3 her.

I also really like Shannon Heaton. As far as male voices, John Doyle is really good.

And probably nobody here has ever heard of any of them. But they rock.

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:10 am

Corey Taylor

That guy has an amazing voice. Not only can he scream but he can sing so well. In all the work he does he sings so well and he has an amazing range when singing. His screaming is also amazing. What makes me thing he is the best vocalist is that not only can he sing but he also screams and those are 2 different diciplines that he puts together and he has mastered both.

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:35 pm

Agreed with Corey Taylor. His voice on Bother is fantastic.

I love Matt Bellamy. He's classically trained and oh, so amazing. <3

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:39 pm

And for those who don't know Corey Taylor is slipknots and stone sours singer.

If you liked Bother, listen to "Through Glass" By Stone Sour. Its amazing

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:02 pm

benladesh wrote:And for those who don't know Corey Taylor is slipknots and stone sours singer.

If you liked Bother, listen to "Through Glass" By Stone Sour. Its amazing

Already done and have the album. ;)

Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:32 pm

Amy Lee, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey and the like.

Josh Groban, John Mayer, Michael Bublé, and the like.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:25 am

John Groban, Antony (what the heck is his last name, Greg?) for males. Lots for females.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:28 am

Mariah Carey and Celine Dion. <3
If there's a "runner up", I'll give it to Britney. Her voice sounds like a barbie!

Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:19 am

Joan Baez. Emmy Rossum. Hugh Panaro. Paul Robeson. My aunt.

Aside from those particular standouts, pretty much everyone who's sung Broadway at some point is good, because they know how to enunciate. (Except for the shrill voice of evil from the original actress for Johanna in Sweeney - especially painful as one of her lines was "Teach me to sing".)

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:05 am

Bangel wrote:John Groban, Antony (what the heck is his last name, Greg?) for males. Lots for females.

Hegarty.
Topic locked